25 Years of the Steam Car of Great Britain
2013 is a very special year for the club as it marks our 25th anniversary. You may notice a few changes to the website as we have a silver logo to mark the year. We hope you like it!
The logo unit is available for use and should be encouraged for use at any event this year. The logo is available in a series of different formats for different uses and can be downloaded by clicking on the name link below:
1. Print Logo Jpg - Jpg. Large File suitable for print. 38cm wide. 300dpi. File size: 1.25mb
2. Main Logo PDF - PDF. Large File suitable for print. 38cm wide. 300dpi. File size: 11.1mb
3. Web Logo Jpg - Jpg. Small File suitable for web. 100px wide. 300dpi. File size: 249kb
4. Large Logo PSD - Large Photoshop File suitable for print. Transparent background, ideal for placing over a coloured background. 38cm wide. 300dpi. File size: 36.7mb
Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs Ltd
Latest FBHVC newsletter, available HERE
To insure, or not to insure ... Laid up cover for the winter
RH Specialist Insurance has produced a document offering advice on winter insurance options for classic cars. You can read this document by
NEW Jay Leno Steam Videos - Club member, Steam fan and all-round good guy Jay Leno has produced a new of videos from his own personal collection of cars. Jay has produced videos and has persoanlly allowed the SCCGB to feature them on this website.
1. Jay sits down with Betty King the granddaughter of Rollin White the steam car genius behind the White Motor Company
2. 2. 1906 Stanley Steamer Vanderbilt Cup Racer
3. 1925 Doble Series E Steam Car
Take a look and enjoy
Jay Leno Videos
NEW Video Gallery - We have updated and improved the video gallery on the website - so now it is easier to find the videos (because they will be all in one place).
It is a work in progress as we go through the (huge) archive of footage we have available and add the new videos from current tours, so please bear with us. New Video Gallery
NEW American Steamers - Long standing member Tom Dawson is now the SCCGB American Representative and he is encouraging all our American members to get involved further with the club by reporting on events and sending through news from their steam community. Tom has a brand new section on this website which will develop into a great resource for all members of the club. The new section can be accessed from every page by the left-hand menu under the heading New - American Steamers or direct from HERE. Tom can be emailed at email@example.com
A.G.M. 2012 Announcement
The Minutes from the 2012 AGM held on 17 March 2012 are available by clicking HERE.
FBHVC Newsletter - A new edition of the newsletter is available to read by clicking HERE.
This is a particularly comprehensive edition and includes articles about the EU proposals on roadworthiness testing, Technical issues, and numerous events
There is also an item about the FBHVC re-branding to celebrate their 25th anniversay. A press release about this can be viewed by clicking HERE
1900 document about Locomobile End 2 End journey - A very interesting document has been sent to us by Dudley Westgate, who is Chairman of the End 2 End Club
and Director of Heritage Attractons Ltd. The document is a handwritten diary entry by Hubert W Egerton of Norwich, who drove a Locomobile from John O'Groats to Land's End on 11 December 1900.
Below the diary entry is a poem written by Mr Egerton's companion on the journey, Mr T Perkins. Click HERE to see the document. Our thanks to
Dudley for sharing this with us.
We now have a further document about this journey! An article was published in the March 1954 edition of Model Engineer (which in those days sold for the princely sum of 9d) To read the full account please Click HERE
SSCGB Cotswold Tour - Members of The Steam Car Club of Great Britain spent a most enjoyable week in July touring in the Cotswolds. They were based at Chipping Norton and toured several well known beauty spots, including Bourton on the Water. Photos of the tour are now available to view HERE.
Honorary Members - Information on the Honorary Members of the Steam Car Club can now be found easier by clicking the member link on the left side of this page, below the main navigation buttons.
Club Constitution - Following the AGM in February, a copy of the draft Constitution was sent to all members to vote on whether it was to be accepted. We are pleased to say that a unanimous vote of acceptance was received. The Minutes from the AGM are available by clicking HERE
The Steam Car Club is Now on Twitter!
Live updates can be accessed whilst we are on tours. For updates CLICK HERE. For those who need to know a little bit more about Twitter, see HERE for the SCCGB guide to Twittering.
Steam Car Club Regalia
The Steam Car Club of Great Britain in collaboration with YourClubClothing.com are pleased to announce the availability of a whole new range of official Steam Car Club of Great Britain clothing!
The initial range of Steam Car Club of Great Britain clothing includes T-Shirts, polo shirts, fleeces, coats, rugby shirts, body warmers, hats and bags. For more details click HERE
Welcome to the website - we hope you notice a few changes and improvements.
Firstly the site now needs a couple of requirements from your browser/computer. No need to panic though as it probably has them setup from the previous site to view some of the slideshows. The new site relies on this on every page.
1. The menu/navigation on the left needs Flash to run. If you do not have it you can download and install it from Adobe within a couple of minutes. You'll be asked to download it if you do not have Flash, or if your version of Flash is an older variant.
The Steam Car Club of Great Britain would like to inform members.....
And that's it. Enjoy the site and we look forward to your feedback.
Help with the Website
All the website contents can be found HERE. A full listing of pages on the site, with the first page (index page) having muliple opportunities to go direct to your choice of page/feature.
If you feel inspired by the site and have a relevant article to submit - get in touch. We'd love to hear from you. You can contact the Steam Car Club HERE
The online Tribute to Jeff Theobald can be found HERE
* A DVD is being produced called "Insight into Steam Cars" this will be available soon. It is hoped that this will be made in conjunction with the NTET we already have the support of the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs. It is primarily to introduce people of all ages to steam cars to include the basic principles of how they run and importantly the safe operation with regards to maintenance and driving of Steam Cars.
* A list of Boiler Inspectors will be posted on this web site soon.
* The committee have decided to give Honorary Membership to those members around the world who have given years of service to the Steam Car Movement. The first person to be given this award will be announced shortly
Click here for our first Honorary Member.