Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Doble slide show
Posted by: Mike Clark (---.glfd.dial.virgin.net)
Date: May 21, 2005 05:55PM

Jeff - Your Doble slide show is fine even on steam internet - could you put captions on them so we know which car we are looking at?

Mike

Re: Doble slide show
Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: May 21, 2005 08:19PM

Hi Mike,
Please to hear it works on dial-up, I will refine it in the next few days.

Jeff.

Posted by: Bill Craig (---.goodrich.com)
Date: June 3, 2005 04:55PM

Mike,
I've always been fascinated by Doble cars, their efficiency, speed of steaming, etc. I've wanted to see good cross-sectional views of the Doble boiler, but everything I've found has been of such poor quality, I couldn't tell much about it. I'd like to know about their engine too, like what type of valve gear they ran and the general construction of their engine, lagging etc.
Any info you can pass on would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Posted by: Mike Clark (---.winn.dial.virgin.net)
Date: June 3, 2005 05:21PM

Bill,

I'm no expert on Dobles but if you really want this info contact "Light Steam Power" Station Rd, Kirk Michael, Isle of Man IM6 1HB - John Walton has written a book on Dobles and has plenty more information - as advertised in "The Steamcar" magazine. 268 pages - costs £27.50.

Dobles had several types of engine and at least two different steam generators - multitube (watertube type) and monotube with blower fed burner.

Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC