Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
What Do you like to do tour or do the London to Brighton
Posted by: Old timer (213.40.129.---)
Date: January 28, 2009 03:29PM

Hi,
I have thought it always quite interesting what people prefere to do,the london to Brighton or to tour or to do both.Please could you share your thoughts.Thanks Old Timer

Re: What Do you like to do tour or do the London to Brighton
Posted by: (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: January 28, 2009 06:13PM

In 2006 I purchased an almost complete 1901 locosurrey from mid-west USA, Since then I have slowly been rebuilding it and (hopefully)will have it on the road in a year or so. I have always had an interest in steam, being a Marine Engineer and now a lecturer in maritime, but I specifically wanted a pre 1904 car to enable me to one day complete the london-Brighton run, now this is from a middle aged, middle income enthusiast who lives on the opposite side of the world to london (Perth WA-Australia). I certainly intend to participate in MANY tours, rallies and displays locally and interstate, but I WILL eventually bring my toy to the UK and hope to do a "steam season" with Dorset, tours, museums, but culminating in the 1st Sunday in November.
So in answer, both!

Re: What Do you like to do tour or do the London to Brighton
Posted by: (---.nmsi.ac.uk)
Date: January 29, 2009 11:32AM

With (what were then) two young children, we decided to go for a 4-seater car capable of touring on both SCCGB and VCCGB events, rather than a Brighton run car whihc would be extermely marginal as a family tourer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC