Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Hire of a Steam Car for a Wedding
Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: July 2, 2008 07:08PM

Hi All,

I received this request..............

Dear Jeff

I was speaking to Sally Ann Dodd at Bloxham County show on sunday and she suggested that I leave a message on the forum as we are looking for someone who may be available to provide a steam car as our wedding transport. As a non member You appreciate that I am not able to do this and hope that you would post a request for us.

We are getting married on 5th September 2009 at Bletchley Park, Bletchley, Milton Keynes and wonder if you would post a request to your members and ask if anyone would be interested in providing this service, obviously we are willing to negotiate a rate.

As you appreciate there is plenty of time and any help or contact would be of use.

Many thanks for your help.

Gillian Gould & Mathew Rainer

Mobile: 07887 780849

Re: Hire of a Steam Car for a Wedding
Posted by: Mike Clark (---.brhm.adsl.virgin.net)
Date: November 13, 2008 04:32PM

Stuart - if you do find a volunteer for this do make sure that their car's insurance covers use for weddings. Although weddings are exempted from the private hire regulations as mentioned in the recent Club Newsletter many insurers (including mine) specifically exclude use for weddings and this would automatically remove insurance cover for the boiler.

Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC