Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  123Next
Current Page:1 of 3
New Steam Car Club
Posted by: (---.251-7-195.ippool.ndo.com)
Date: February 10, 2009 12:38PM

Well done, Jeff, it was the only thing to do!

So lets get on with it and form a new Steam Car Club for those who value friendship, camaraderie, getting together occasionally with or without our toys and encouraging new people to enjoy or paticipate with our hobby. We can let the other lot continue to play their little games.

Who's for forming an orderly queue???

Regards

Mike

Re: New Steam Car Club
Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.KCOM.COM)
Date: February 10, 2009 02:10PM

Mike,

See my last post on the other listing, now copied below. The wheels are in motion if everybody wants to form a new club

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 02/10/09 02:48PM by barry herbert.

Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.KCOM.COM)
Date: February 10, 2009 02:31PM

Cyroservices/Johm

What a brilliant idea, a New Club, NOT limited, a minimum of rules, Just like it used to be.

This is a sensible way forward, if necessary, I think.

I have taken the liberty of having a word with Jeff Theobald about a possible magazine for this new club and the running of a website for it. He says he is willing to be the Magazine Editor and would run a Web site if we can get the new club up and running, if that is the wishes of everyone.

I have also, following your idea, had a word with Basil Craske who is willing to be a Temporary Chairman of the new club if everybody agrees.

Another person, I have contacted, is Bill Rich, who like Basil, says that if everyone feels that a new club is the way forward, that he is 200% behind it.

So there does not seem to a problem in getting a new club running if everyone thinks it necessary and want it formed.

Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: February 10, 2009 04:14PM

To all club members,
This is the first time I've ever posted on any forum but I feel I must say something. I resigned on Saturday because I simply coudn't take any more, fighting the G15 for a year is more than enough for anybody.

With regards to the computer being handed over, yes it's a disgrace as was Gerry's suggestion. I personally didn't know of the existance of the club laptop until December 10th 2008 and I believe it came as a shock to three of my fellow directors when the situation was brought to our attention.I don't understand why Joy even bought a computer, she had resigned in February 2007 yet bought it in September 2007, the total cost being £1033. Chris took over in February 2008 and had no knowledge of the computer, infact he bought his own software with the club just paying half those costs at his request. Joy did receive a letter and replied offering £240 for the computer and also said she couldn't return it within our time scale because of her personal data being on it. The club itself only had the use of it for six months and lost the use of it for a year.

Why did we go to solicitors ? Because of Peter Williams dictatorial letters to us with regards to the articles of association, plus his comments during a 1 hour 40 minute phone call to the secretary where he commented about a 1932 court case and stated that he had taken legal counsel's advice. We were shocked at our club's solicitor's response and advice and clearly had to act quickly in the interests of the club and no, the G15 were not happy. I wonder where they got all their information from ?

With regards to leaked documents, I suffered at the hands of Gerry leaking documents to Stuart Gray and we all know what Stuart Gray will do, I found out first hand. Jeff has suffered an extensive personal onslaught from members of the G15 over the past 3 years and knowing what he's gone through in the past two or three weeks I'm amazed he even turned up at the AGM. You would all be shocked if you knew what he's been through and he was clearly exhausted at the AGM as were Bill and Chris.

There is much more I could say but I'm sure that by now the entire club realises how destructive the G15 are prepared to be, irrespective of the cost to us all and as I've said above, four of us directors and our secretary were simply worn out, we had been beaten into the ground.

I've now been approached to temporarily chair a new club and I have said yes, assuming this is in the best interests of us all. Like Les Nelson I would dearly love our club to survive however there is more than one rotten apple that needs to be taken out and if the G15 tidied up the mess in the aforementioned manner there wouldn't be many of them left. But we would still be a Limited club which as Les has said has caused the club to go downhill. Why did we go Limited ? Because of the Goddards.

I would prefer a non Limited club, as we were a few years ago. We were all happy and contented, enjoyed each other's company and put up with the odd troublemaker who had no power. Unfortunately all the troublemakers are now in the G15. They are the only people who have ever caused problems for this club.

The only club I ever intend on being a member of would be a new one, if formed. I will not be renewing my membership of the current club.

My conclusion, bearing in mind the past year and what I know, is that a new club is needed and the old club should be wound up.

Basil Craske

Posted by: Michael Dyke (---.l4.c4.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: February 11, 2009 04:22PM

Basil, Jeff, Barry & Mike,

I've been watching the debacle brought on by G15 play out over the last few weeks, wondering how the club would ever survive.
I think its an excellent idea to form a new club and leave the G15 to carry on doing things "in the best interests of the SCCGB".

Will we have some form of "black ball" system to keep out the undesireables?!!!!!

Well done, count me in!

Mike Dyke

Posted by: John Hill (78.150.74.---)
Date: February 12, 2009 03:36AM

I'm on board, When do you want my subsription?
John Hill

Posted by: les nelson (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: February 12, 2009 10:54AM

Count me IN . LETS GO GO GO I look forwards to filling out my application form for membership of the new club, I just wish we lived nearer the HUB , if I can offer my services (at long range I am not "into" 400 mile round trips) in any way just ask .

Posted by: (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: February 12, 2009 03:37PM

Hi Jeff .
Count me in I am looking forward to a good old fashion club again.

Posted by: Old timer (---.dial.talkgas.net)
Date: February 13, 2009 01:42AM

Hi Jeff,

Glad to see the new website up and running.Thanks for all your hard work.I Can't wait to join the new club.
George

Posted by: (---.Red-83-55-154.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: February 13, 2009 04:15AM

HI JEFF.

COUNT ME IN .
LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP FROM SPAIN.

JOHN.

Goto Page:  123Next
Current Page:1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC