Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page:2 of 3
Re: New Steam Car Club
Posted by: (---.pool1.Bristol-AVN0950-BAS0001.orangeh)
Date: February 13, 2009 11:46AM

Hi Jeff,

Glad to see the website back again, thanks for a great site and magazine. Count me in when you are up and running

Posted by: les nelson (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: February 16, 2009 02:43PM

I have expressed my desire to join the "new" club "Steam Car Club" and suggest anyone else who is of like mind to contact Jeff Theobald, with a view to obtaining membership. See you with a new hat on Les Nelson

Posted by: (---.Red-88-7-180.staticIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: February 17, 2009 02:28PM

HI LES.
The old club needs to dessolve and distribute all the assets to all its
payed up members, to be correct.

john.

Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: February 21, 2009 04:15PM

Hi Jeff,

Count me in to the new club - nearly dropped out but now I'm looking forward to participating as much as I can.

Kind regards, Bob Ward

Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.KCOM.COM)
Date: February 22, 2009 12:16PM

Thanks to Greg Walker for volunteering to be the Secretary of the new Steam Car Club and to Jeff Theobald for designing the new Logo which appears on the membership form.

Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2009 02:38PM

I should say that it was Dr John Hennessy who suggested the picture, I just added the name and frame, Jeff.

Posted by: Mike Clark (---.popl.adsl.virgin.net)
Date: February 23, 2009 09:30AM

Got my entry form for the Steam Car Club - well done all concerned. It will be back in the post tomorrow along with my subscription.

I do like the logo - I do however have some reservations about the practicality of the machine depicted, although it undoubtedly has Heroic possibilities!

Let's hope that by starting the new Club we can put this whole bruising and unpleasant experience behind us.

Mike

Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: February 25, 2009 12:44PM

From Jeff Theobald.

Further to the e-mail many people have received from the self appointed secretary of The Steam Car Club of Gt Britain regarding democratically voted in people. Many members have requested a recount of all the votes that the Club secretary Chris Busk had received regarding the last AGM. Chris Busk has recounted all the forms relating to all the votes that he has in his possession and has assured us that these are the only voting forms that he has ever received and that none of these voting forms have ever left his possession and that therefore the information he has provided is true.
The results are as follows:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Name . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . For . . . . Against
Resolution 1 Approval of Directors’ Policy Statement - - - - - - - - 96 - - - - 10
Resolution 2 That the maximum number of Directors shall be five - 96 - - - - 9
Resolution 3 Change to Rule 2 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 24 - - - - 77
Resolution 4 Code of Practice- -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 24 - - - - 79
Resolution 5 Retirement of Directors - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 27 - - - - 75

Election of Directors
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . For . . . . . . . . Against
Proposed Directors Stuart Gray - - - - - - - - - - - 12 - - - - - - - 36
Proposed Directors Gareth Jones - - - - - - - - - - 16 - - - - - - - 35
Proposed Directors Haydn Davies- - - - - - - - - - 24 - - - - - - - 34

Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.KCOM.COM)
Date: February 25, 2009 03:34PM

The results of the worldwide proxy votes prove exactly what the membership want out of their club. The Directors have been told by the membership that their policy statement is the way forward and that the maximum number of Directors should be 5. There is no argument here. Nor is there any argument that the membership are very happy with the current board members and have no wish to change it's composition.

So why did the G15 group cause so much mayhem at the recent AGM? They were outvoted on all counts, including their proposals.

What is their intention? Why have they caused such a split in the club? What is their motive?

Thankfully a new club has been formed and is up and running. Basil Craske is the Acting Chairman and his small committee comprises Jeff Theobald, Bill Rich and Arthur Thompson. Greg Walker is the Secretary. The club is to have the minimum of rules, no Code of Practice and a properly legally worded tour disclaimer.

I see from other e-mails posted by Jeff that Gareth Jones (so called Chairman of the G15) is still at it threatening Jeff with the Police and Trading Standards. I know Jeff has also received some hate mail from Stuart Gray. What has Jeff done wrong one may ask? He has produced, for the benefit of us all, whether we live in America, Australia, the Philippines, etc or here in the U.K. a superb and well respected magazine and a very worthwhile website. We could not have asked him to do any more on our behalf. Or am I missing something? I do not think so.

Luckily the new, non-limited club has the value of Jeff's services in agreeing to carry on producing a magazine for us all, a new issue of which is due out shortly. He is also updating his website to be even better. He does this in between all the flack he is still receiving from the G15 group.

So all you members out there, the new club needs your support. Many have already joined but we need more members, more people who want to continue to receive the magazine, more people to read this website, and more support to sort out the G15 saga, once and for all.

The new committee members have your interests at heart so give them your support by joining the club and let's get back to enjoying our cars, enjoying our tours, enjoying each other's company as the club used to be before Diana and David Goddard pressured the club into going Limited. I warned them at the time that it was a bad move but nobody would listen.

Here's to the future!

Posted by: Alan Sinclair (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: February 26, 2009 02:39AM

I am in. thank to all doing a great job forming the new club.

My first posting was under cryoservices because I had put my email heading instead of my name sorry.

Alan

Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page:2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC