Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3
Re: New Steam Car Club
Posted by: Ian Vinton (---.range86-162.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 1, 2009 03:18AM

Count me in with the new club.

Lets keep this one as it should be.

Ian V

Posted by: (81.168.70.---)
Date: March 8, 2009 05:55AM

I would just like to say, I'm absolutely bowled over by the amazing response we have had to joining the new club. On the one hand, I can't quite believe how quickly people have been making their applications. On the other, a significant number have been making generous donations to get the club off the ground. We've now got well over £5,000 in the bank - and that doesn't count funds that have been deposited overseas & in the Paypal account.

Thank you for this tremendous expression of support for what we are doing. We have to see it as a vote of confidence.

Can I just say that the majority of you who have sent in applications will not have received an acknowledgement from me yet? I think I have replied where specific questions have been raised. We're having membership cards printed - but that has not been one of our priorities. Once they're done, I will get the letters out. Please bear with me.

Once again, thank you so much for your support.

Kind regards
Greg Walker
(secretary / treasurer)

Posted by: (---.tt-holdings.com)
Date: March 9, 2009 08:27AM

I am somewhat confused. I have no idea which club I belong to. I thought the idea was that it would be assumed that until your membership expired you were a member of both clubs, then you would decide which club to renew your membership with.
Apart from what I read on the website I have received no official communication from either club.
There must be a lot of members without access to the internet, do they know what is going on from either side?
Whist I support Jeff and the new club in there efforts, I am muddled as to what exactly is happening. I was at the AGM where the new directors were voted in, but now there is a posting on this website reporting different results from the voting. If this is the case then the old directors are still current except for the fact that they resigned.
I think we all need some clarity on the situation then hopefully we can all move forward.

Regards

Lesley

Posted by: Mike Clark (---.leed.adsl.virgin.net)
Date: March 9, 2009 06:49PM

Lesley - you belong to the Club you paid your sub to so you will remain a member of the Steam Car Club of GB Ltd (the old club) until your sub runs out or you choose to resign. To be a member of the new club you will have to subscribe.

We haven't heard much recently from the G15 (or possibly G12 or G13) who I assume are organising their website and working on their new magazine but the new club is up and running with the Spring issue of the Magazine ready for the printers and Jeff's website back up to speed.

The new Club intend to send a copy of the first issue of their Magazine to members of both Clubs and no doubt this will include a clear explanation of everything that went on before, during and after the Annual General Meeting of the SCCGB Ltd. You will then clearly understand why the new Club has had to be formed.

Mike

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 03/09/09 06:54PM by Mike Clark.

Posted by: Mike Clark (---.manc.adsl.virgin.net)
Date: March 12, 2009 07:24AM

As a relief from all this Club politics here is a picture of what we like best and hope to get on with as soon as the weather permits!

It is also a test of the use of the "attach" function on the forum to pull a picture out of "My Documents" on my computer to show on the forum. It makes a link on which you can click to see the picture. You need to resize the picture down to the standard 640x480 pixels and make sure it is under 256kb.

To put a picture directly on display as I did on the "In my shed today" thread I used a web photo hosting site "Photobucket" and then copy/pasted the link to my pictures which were already on the net in Photobucket.

Mike

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/12/09 07:31AM by Mike Clark.

Attachments: Stanley in watersplash small.jpg (56kB)  
Posted by: (81.168.70.---)
Date: March 12, 2009 06:58PM

As I have said before, we have been amazed at the response that so many people have made to the Steam Car Club. I have been checking up on the applications that have been made to me. On top of that there have been other applications from our friends in America & the antipodes. It looks like we're up to 150 paid up members in our first three weeks. If that's not an expression of support I don't know what would be!

We have also been looking at our costs of running the club - the magazine, insurances, affiliations, postage, stationery, web delivery, etc. It looks like we break even with 140 members.

So, let's not belittle the generous donations we've received, but we are up & running just on the basis of our normal membership subscriptions. We are solvent for the year on our new members who have enrolled in the last three weeks. Isn't that a fantastic result?

You will be pleased to hear the April magazine has gone to press. 48 pages. We never did more than that when we were SCCGB. So you'll have twice as much, counting your established SCCGB magazine. I'm looking forward to it - even if I'm about to get a bit of flack from some quarters.

I would also like to say a big thankyou to all the contributors who have come up trumps with their contributions to the SCC magazine. Not forgetting Jeff for putting it all together. And, of course, the website is looking great!

Kind regards
Greg

Posted by: (---.grapevine.net.au)
Date: March 31, 2009 09:04AM

My copy arrived today - many thanks - and that's great news about the club

Cheers
Jerry
Canberra, Australia

Posted by: (---.Red-88-25-94.staticIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: April 10, 2009 01:50PM

HI ALL.

JUST TESTING THE ATTACH. TO SEE IF IT WILL WORK
========= JOHN ==========

Attachments: 1909-stanley.jpg (60kB)  
Goto Page:  Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC