Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
International Money orders
Posted by: (92.23.83.---)
Date: March 9, 2010 01:40PM

Slightly off topic, but steam car related. Anyone any idea how I can get here in the UK an 'International Money Order' payable in US Dollars to get some spares for my car.

Banks, post offices here seem to have stopped issuing them. Looks like a common problem...

Cheers
Peter Turvey

Re: International Money orders
Posted by: (---.wavecable.com)
Date: March 10, 2010 02:11AM

Dear Peter, Lately, more and more people have been making international payments by "PayPal". There is a handling charge to the recipient but the transaction is quick and secure. If the recipient is against the idea of taking the handling charge as a loss, then the buyer can add that as an additional cost to his purchase price. Your 1914 Stanley model 607 is looking great. It is a restoration to be proud of.

Re: International Money orders
Posted by: (81.168.70.---)
Date: March 16, 2010 08:24PM

Peter,

I don't know if this helps, but it might be worth your while having a look at a SWIFT transfer.

The old domestic "telegraphic transfer" - same day, bank to bank has become CHAPS.

The international bank to bank transfer is called SWIFT. Each account has a code that's unique, world wide (IBAN code). SCCGB sort code is 30-93-94. Account number is 00031906. Its IBAN code is GB96 LOYD 3093 9400 0319 06.

If you have internet banking & your supplier tells you the IBAN code for his bank account you can do a direct transfer into his bank account from your home computer.

Another service is available, CHAPS EURO for bank transfers within Europe - but that's not appropriate for your US dollars.

Paypal is very good for small amounts. SWIFT comes into its own for larger value transactions.

Greg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC