Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
10hp Stanley, ex-Henry Slatter?
Posted by: (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: January 14, 2011 09:08PM

A huge cache of Steam Car Developments & Steam Aviation now on eBay includes the April 1935 number -

[cgi.ebay.com]

In it is an advert by Henry Slatter for a 10hp Stanley, with "two-seater body, rounded tail and special bonnet".

For the Stanley Register, I'm always trying to link information about long-ago owners to current cars. The only English-bodied 2-seaters I've seen pictures of are the E. G. Kendrew car and the Bill Hunter car, and they both seem to have a standard Stanley bonnet.

Does anyone know which car was owned in '35 by Henry Slatter?

Kelly Williams
[www.StanleyRegister.net]

P.S. The price was £20, less if you didn't want the boiler.

P.P.S. There's also a great 1934 picture of what is presumably Richard Granger's tourer in

[cgi.ebay.com]

Re: 10hp Stanley, ex-Henry Slatter?
Posted by: Old timer (86.112.45.---)
Date: January 15, 2011 02:35AM

Hi Kelly,
There are two other English bodied Stanley's which I know of and they are Richard Granger's and Peter Harper's 10HPs. Richard Granger's was originally a two-seater which was converted to a four seater in 1948. Could this have had the rounded tail and special bonnet orginally and was converted to standard spec in 1948? Old Timer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC