Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
serpollet 12hp bridlington 1909þ
Posted by: Old timer (86.112.62.---)
Date: January 28, 2012 04:22PM

Can anyone help? I recieved this e-mail from Chris Busk. Thanks. George.
Dear Mr Busk,

I am researching a steam bus owned by a Thomas Musgrave registered July 1909 in Bridlington

I do not expect it to be extant however I wonder whether the Club may have any knowledge of the vehicle in your archives.

Strange how things turn up- I interviewed a lady years ago with pictures of her husbands Hearses and his cars

converted to them, one picture taken in the '30s of his first hearse, I sent this to the Classis Hearse Club with an article turned out it is still on the road!

The Serpollet weighed 1ton 13cwts was Green in colour and stated to be a Char-a-banc, 4 seats across so possibly 16 seater.

I presume it plied for tourists in the resort in the summertime it may have converted to rully for winter trade, for early in 1911 it is shown as such in Driffield with a new owner.

I have not seen an illustration of it in nearly 38 years researching the Bridlington transport scene but presume most of the pipework is concealed beneath the chassis.

Any advice for finding out more is welcome

an excelent website, (my son used to own a 1927 Canadian built Ford T among other cars)

Best wishes

Ian C Gibbs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC