Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Special Resolution.
Posted by: Tim Senior (---.range81-154.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 24, 2011 05:52AM

Can anyone explain the letter I received this morning from Greg Walker?
Who is Edgar Freelan?
Happy Christmas !! Tim Senior

Re: Special Resolution.
Posted by: (Moderator)
Date: December 24, 2011 10:38AM

Like you I am somewhat confused.I and the rest of the committee were not awere this letter was being sent out. The costs claim like most of the letter are not true.
This is once again a typical misleading Greg Walker (G 1) . But if anybody has any concerns please phone or e-mail me.

Basil

01603 408356
bcraske@carsteam.net

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 12/28/11 06:49AM by Basil.

Posted by: (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: December 24, 2011 10:39AM

Looks like F. E.'s middle name and F. O.'s first name.

Posted by: (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 24, 2011 01:19PM

I'd jist like to know what it is all about, meanwhile merry Xmas to all.

Posted by: Brian McMorran (---.as43234.net)
Date: December 25, 2011 04:54PM

I thought Greg resigned from the committee? I'm sure there was a letter explaining some fall out about club procedures.
I have in the past received some strange emails and a press cutting about the business activities of present members.
Not sure if it is present or past members muddying the water.

Brian

Posted by: les nelson (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: December 27, 2011 04:43AM

I was under the impression that "The Steam Car Club of G.B. LTD." did not exist anymore, so should we each send a letter of resignation to G. Walker? or am I missing something?

Posted by: John Watson (---.range81-135.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 29, 2011 12:53PM

I'm none the wiser particularly as Walker's advice appears to contradict the purpose of the resolution.

I assume that to disolve the SCC of GB Limited the name needs to be changed to Edgar Freelan Limited, presumably an off the shelf £100 company.

I can't understand why when we are The Steam Car Club of Great Britain, the Steam car Club of Great Britain Limited need to be retained? All seems underhanded to me.

Hopefully someone will advise before the closing date, but Edgar Freelan Limited sounds quite attractive!

Regards

JW

Posted by: (---.range86-167.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 29, 2011 03:35PM

Marilyn,

For those of us, myself included, who had not received any correspondence from Greg Walker please can you place a copy on the site so that we can have some idea as to what this post is referring.

Thanks.

John

Posted by: (Moderator)
Date: December 29, 2011 04:37PM

Hi All

The Greg Walker saga and his letter is being dealt with by the committee and a report will be issued soon. This letter did not go to all members infact we do not truely know how many people received it.

As you know he seems to be a rule unto himself. This is just one of many letters he has sent. Unfortunately he has the data base.

Greg Walker had his membership of our club terminated months ago for reasons unrelated to the letters he has sent. These started after his membership was terminated.

Please read my previous posting.

Please do not post the letter let your committee deal with it.

Basil

Posted by: barry herbert (Moderator)
Date: December 30, 2011 07:15PM

This “Written Special Resolution” letter is a further one sent out by Mr Greg Walker. He seems to have a personal vendetta against Mr Basil Craske, our Chairman and is drawing our club into the situation.

The background is that in May, 2009 an EGM was called where the members, with over 90% acceptance agreed the Directors of the LTD company (i.e. Greg Walker and myself), should cease trading, check the then finances of the Ltd company, sell any assets and strike the company off the Companies House register. The company was found to be insolvent with debts owing to a couple of suppliers. Two loans from members enabled one of the creditors to be paid in full, the other was taken over by the club.

The most valuable asset the company had was the name “The Steam Car Club of Great Britain LTD”. Accordingly two Agreements were drawn up selling this name and the other few assets to the new club. One of the Agreements specifically said that the name “The Steam Car Club of Great Britain LTD should be changed to another name before the company is struck off the Company House register. The new club also agreed to take over the liability to the Energy Trust. These agreements where approved by the new club's solicitor and were signed by Greg Walker on behalf of the LTD company with my agreement. The new club's signatory was Basil Craske acting as Chairman and with the authority of the new committee. The club passed over to the LTD company the sum of £1 as consideration. The club thereby purchased the name “The Steam Car Club of Great Britain LTD”. All the above had to be done within 30 days.

Mr. Walker, in his usual manner, did not do this and the LTD company still exists to this day with its original name “The Steam Car Club of Great Britain LTD.” This goes against the agreement that Greg Walker signed. I, personally, have spent over two years, as a co-director trying to get Greg Walker to do as we both agreed and honour the agreement. I became so fed up with Greg always, in every situation, wanting his own way, yet never giving anyone a reason for his obstinacy. This became so frustrating that I resigned as the second director of the LTD company leaving Greg with the baby.

His latest opinion, contrary to what he thought, and agreed by solicitors when the agreements were signed, is that the LTD company has not got the mandate from the members to change the name before striking the company off. He ignores the fact that the May EGM gave the directors permission to sell all the assets.

To cut a long story short the club took Greg and the LTD company to court and a Directions hearing was held a few days ago in Norwich. The Judge had a solution to the problem in front of him, this was that Greg appoints Basil and myself as directors and Greg then resigns. The two new directors would then change the name and have the company struck off. The two members who had loaned the LTD company money would have written off the balance owing to them if this deal was agreed. The Judge thought that this was a reasonable solution. Greg would not agree to this simple solution which the Judge could not understand, we being a small club playing with steam cars.

The Judge then put to Greg “If money was paid to you, together with a guarantee of indemnity from past misdemeanour’s, would he agree to the changeover”. If so he asked Greg how much would this be and Greg immediately, without thought, replied £5,000!!. His motive was now clear. He was deliberately being awkward to force money out of the club. This amount was rejected and a debate followed, but no agreement was forthcoming. Eventually, outside the court, Mr Walker and the Club agreed, subject to contract and the committee approval, that he would be paid £1750. The committee has subsequently decided not to use club funds to satisfy Mr Walker and he has been told of this decision. We feel that this has triggered the letter you have received.

Turning to the Written Special Resolution, Greg in his way, has failed to give you some salient points. It is only he who thinks that the membership have not given their authority to change the name to another.

His decision has exposed the club members to even more unsolicited mail from him.
He says in his third paragraph that the application to the Court was denied. In fact just the reverse. The hearing was a Direction hearing and the Judge said the club had a case and that a future court would hear it. He gave the club till the 31st January, 2012 to prepare its detailed case, for Greg to deposit defence papers by the 28th February and said the hearing would take place sometime April/May.

He also says, over the page, that at the Court hearing, the club agreed to fund the costs of obtaining the decision of members. This is not so The subject of sending out a letter calling for a vote was never discussed at the hearing. He has been informed that the costs of this exercise falls on him personally, the LTD company not having any funds, in fact it owes money to two members re the loan they made to help the realisation of assets, etc.

The whole saga is an unnecessary problem brought about by a member of the club who has been thrown out of the club for previous actions ( but unfortunately is still the sole director of the LTD company) and who is now carrying out a personal vendetta against the Chairman and committee members.

There is a lot more I could list but I think the above sets out the background.

Barry

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC