Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Stanley Twins
Posted by: Alun Griffiths (95.151.19.---)
Date: December 28, 2014 06:07AM

I took the Stanley out for a spin on Boxing Day and, coming across an open service station, decided to top up on fuel and water. The attendant came out an asked what srt of a car it was, having never seen another quite like it. "It's a model 725 condensing Stanley steam car", I said, "built in 1916 by the Stanley brothers", and I went into the well rehearsed pitch about it being smooth and silent, having no gearbox or clutch, able to burn almost any fuel,etc., etc. The fuel cost £30.75p. I paid the bulk in notes and dug out a handful of loose change for the remainder. Amongst the coins were a few golf tees. "What are those little plastic things?" asked the attendant. "Oh, those", I replied, "I rest my balls on those when I drive." "Gee, cracky!" exclaimed the attendant as he slapped his leg with the palm of his hand, "Those Stanley brothers thought of everything, didn't they!".
Here's wishing a steaming 2015 to Steam Car Club members and non-members. Why not join the club and I'll promise not to tell any more jokes like that one.
Alun Griffiths, Club Secretary

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC