Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Steam engine for sale on eBay
Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: August 9, 2005 05:36AM

Hi All,
How about this one...Jeff.

Bryan Steam Car Truck and Tractor Engine
Rare Antique Two Cylinder Reversing Steamer Engine

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Re: Steam engine for sale on eBay
Posted by: Mike Clark (---.winn.dial.virgin.net)
Date: August 9, 2005 05:59PM

Rugged innit!

Not seen a picture of one before - interesting how much more structural and integrated the "baffle plate" is compared with the Stanley and also how Bryant linked the crosshead slides up and down not across the engine and how the slide is reinforced with a vertical flange above. How does it mount in the vehicle as the frame rods are short? Has about a 50 tooth gear on it so it would be great for a powerful car. Doesn't one of the recent Vanderbilt Cup replicas use a Bryant?

Mike

Date: August 9, 2005 06:27PM

Yes they were know to be a strong engine, originally designed for use in agricultural tractors, also used in a small number of cars, very large inside piston valves making for a broad engine, I think it was mounted via the extra holes in the frame spreader, I have some info here somewhere on Bryant tractors, but as always can't put my hand on it at the moment, Jeff.

Posted by: Greg Walker (81.168.70.---)
Date: August 18, 2005 03:19PM

This was withdrawn by seller a couple of days ago, before end date of auction, having reached its reserve of $5,000. Does anybody know the story?

Greg

Date: August 19, 2005 03:23AM

Hi Greg,
I understand the biding did not reach the hoped for amount, so the owner removed it from sale at the last minute.

Jeff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC