Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Barn find
Posted by: (---.eastlink.ca)
Date: June 3, 2009 04:23PM

Hello members

I am mostly an mg restorer but have a love for all old vehicles. I looked up steam cars and found this site. Last weekend on one of our tours I came across what I now expect (after looking at your site) is a 735 Stanley Steamer

After a closer look I would have to say the car was complete in all but the engine. I couldn't believe the condition for it's age.

I am located in Nova Scotia Canada. It could be quite possible that your members are very much aware of this car but if not I am sure many might like to know of it's existance.

Re: Barn find
Posted by: (---.wavecable.com)
Date: June 3, 2009 11:58PM

An email just arrived from a person I just met. In it he said, " I spoke with a local person here in town that has seen and took a cowling ornamet off of a Stanley Steamer that is hidden in the brush outside of town, I am aware of the location and will check to see if there is any part of the vehicle left. If I do find anything, would you be interested in it? I must tell you that it is located on the Colville Indian reservation and sometimes they won't part with things because it is heritage or maybe worth alot (they think) (but will still leave it to rust away)." They are still out there and some of the Stanleys are for free. I am sitting on the edge of my chair waiting to hear what he has found.

Date: June 4, 2009 12:00PM

Hi again

Well after 64 viewings there has been only one reply and it was totally not related to this subject. It seems I was wrong in thnking there would be any kind of interest in this car.

My apoligies to the steamers, I'll stick to the British cars

Posted by: (---.armstrong.com)
Date: June 4, 2009 01:17PM

Hi MG nut,

I sent you a private message about this car - please let me know if it hasn't reached you.

Kelly

Date: June 4, 2009 01:25PM

Hi Kelly

I did ind the private message and have replied, I will continue to search into the history i have sent an email to the present owner for detials

Re: Barn find -NS
Posted by: (---.pppoe-dynamic.ns.aliant.n)
Date: August 3, 2009 09:02AM

Hi MG nut;

I'm a steam nut who just moved to NS with my steam launch and over the past month several people have mentioned to me "Oh I think some guy down the valley has / had a steam car" Does this ring any bells with you.

Cheers Colin (Head of St Margerets Bay)

PS Used to have a 73 MGB-GT

Re: Barn find -NS
Posted by: Fire-Drop_Technologies (---.cedarnetworks.com)
Date: September 24, 2010 08:30PM

Used to0 own an mg B and wrench on a budys Triumph Spitfire, Get the guy's number for me if you can I'm in colorado So I'd need to trailer the Carcas back to my state, but if it isn't costly I'd love to save one.

And ? Ps.
They don't mean to come off that way, It seems to happen though.
To much on each plate I supose?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 09/24/10 08:31PM by Fire-Drop_Technologies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC