Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page:2 of 3
Re: Likamobile Project?
Posted by: (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: June 3, 2008 07:33PM

I feel quite sorry for the Modelworks folks. I'm one of the US builders and I've been up and running for a few months now. MW made a great model. Like any steam car, I've had a lot to learn about what makes this model work best but once you get past the learning curve, it's quite a fun car. I can help you with the dimensions of the wheels. Is that all you're missing? Contact me at dutchdarrin@yahoo.com.

Posted by: cryoservices (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: June 4, 2008 11:15AM

Thank you very much any help would be good. I think everything else
is ok, the next few days will tell as I intend to go flat out to finish it. Alan

Posted by: (---.range86-133.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 5, 2008 01:50PM

Sad news not only for builders but the staff.

In my case it leaves me half a kit short. Got the burner but no electronics! The one thing I cannot make! Presumably an inverter is required? Automatic pressure cut out, water gauge lights?

I imagine that this would have been bought in by Modelworks and therefore obtainable.

Could anyone tell me what should have been in that kit and what would be needed?

Posted by: cryoservices (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: June 5, 2008 01:57PM

I live in Peacehaven East Sussex and if you are any where near you would be very welcome to come over, in fact I have just started on this kit.

Posted by: (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 08:38AM

Here are the details on my converter supplied by Model Works:
"Smart Inverter, DC 12V --- AC 220V
INVERTER - 8204C (300W), NFA"

all the rest is in Chinese, I don't do Chinese.

Inverters like these can be found all over. Even LIDL or ALDI (Germany) were selling one a few weeks ago for under EUR 30,00.

Cheers, Chas

Posted by: (195.54.253.---)
Date: June 20, 2008 10:36AM

This is quite embarrassing, but I've found my inverter! It was of course, inside the orange casing on the back of the burner.

What confused me, was that there is a picture on Rick's website that shows it screwed to the outside of the casing, so I assumed that I hadn't got one! Never looked inside the case, well, Why would I?

Date: June 20, 2008 12:21PM

Mount the inverter to the ouside of the plastic case. Whatever you do, don't ground the inverter or the car won't work. It looked like in some applications, that inverter was intended to be mounted there. I don't know why because it blocks some of the air flow. Pull it out, mount it at least in a place that doesn't ground to metal.

Posted by: (---.range81-156.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 20, 2008 01:09PM

Thanks for the advice. Plenty of time to worry about that later. Just at the moment I've got things in bits, putting in the new replacement half-shafts and the new weighshaft mountings. I don't know how Modelworks managed to do that with the engine in situ on the car. I had to use a good big hammer to get the crankshaft out! Still, the paint survived.

Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 26, 2008 08:59AM

I am bulding a likamobile at the moment few problems with the burner would it be possible for you to contact me. Also I know where you can get wheel rims.
My name is mark and phone number is 07904461189.
I am off work on holiday for the week is it possible for me to come down this week at all and have a chat.
Thanks Mark

Date: June 26, 2008 07:03PM

Mark, I'll try to call you.

Dutch.

Goto Page:  Previous123Next
Current Page:2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC