Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
London to Brighton 2010
Posted by: (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: January 24, 2010 04:26AM

Greetings from the Antipodes.
I am seriously considering coming to London for the 2010 London-Brighton run all the way fro perth West Australia, now I have accomodation in London but am wondering if I would be able to be involved,
I am still rebirthing my 1901 Locosurrey, which is making slow progress and feel that I will be inspired, embarassed, cajouled, to carry on if I make the trek to visit the Mecca of pre 1904 cars, indeed my wish is to eventually bring my baby over to particpate in the run, but do not see this possible for a while yet. So any suggestions would be welcomed.

regards,
dave
locosurrey.

Re: London to Brighton 2010
Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: January 26, 2010 08:11PM

Hi Dave,
As you know we run the London to Brighton each year. We expect to be running the 1899 Locomobile owned by Giuseppe Boscarino, Steven will be driving, but we will need a back-up crew which you would be welcome to join, both the cars we run are small and cannot take passengers once the owner and driver are aboard, but at least you would be directly involved, all the best, Jeff.

Posted by: (---.omsalliance.com)
Date: January 27, 2010 07:32PM

Excellent!

I certainly did not entertain the possibility of a ride, I am happy to save that particular pleasure for my own tea pot. Assisting with a back up is exactly what I was hoping for,
The London -Brighton is very much the holy grail even for us colonials, so to be a part actually quite exciting!

Dave
locosurey

Posted by: (---.grapevine.net.au)
Date: January 29, 2010 08:00AM

From one 'colonial' to another: I agree - I attended the 2009 London to Brighton and - notwithstanding the weather - found it exciting and inspiring! And had a great visit and welcome with Jeff and Greg (thanks again to you both)

At this stage, still an aspiring owner, but I'll get there!

Cheers
Jerry
Canberra
Australia

Posted by: (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 17, 2010 06:08PM

Hello

I'm a newbie here but will be at the 2010 London to Brighton for the first time (but with a Curved Dash Olds).

I'm looking forward to meeting a few steam folk while there.

Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: September 18, 2010 04:04AM

Hi Danni,

Why not call in on The Steam Car Club of Great Britain coffee stop, about halfway down on the route, clearly marked on by a large 'Steam Cars' sign, where help for emergency repairs, water for the car, and refreshments for car passengers can be found, along with many members of the club.

Here's a map..........

Posted by: (---.grapevine.net.au)
Date: September 18, 2010 04:43AM

Hi Danni - it is very well worth the trip - hope the weather is better this time. Unfortunately it doesn't look as though I'll make it over there this year for the London to Brighton, but I hope to catch up with a few of you in April/May next year

Cheers
Jerry

Posted by: (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 18, 2010 07:57AM

Great - will do. Look forward to meeting you at the stop.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC