Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Driffield Steam and Vintage Rally
Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: March 25, 2010 07:35PM

Members of the club have been invited to attend the Driffield Steam and Vintage Rally, which is being organised by the East Riding Engine Club.

This club like us is also celebrating their 21st year, it will be possible to arrive on the 12th August leaving on the 16th on at least two days, road runs are being organised through the local area to coastal resorts and places of interest.

The organisers are also hoping to be able to make a contribution to the costs involved.

For those needing accommodation there is B&B offered at the White Horse, Main Street, Hutton Cranswick, Nr Driffield, East Riding, YO25 9QM, rooms are priced at £45 per night.

See our ‘Events’ page for more details.

Re: Driffield Steam and Vintage Rally
Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: April 2, 2010 08:48AM

Hi All,

I have received an update from Harold Bell who is organising the arrangements being made for our visit to the Driffied Steam and Vintage Rally, looks like they are really pulling the stops out for us, so why not join in..........Jeff

Members of The Steam Car Club of Great Britain,

Just to let you know that I have had a very productive meeting with the show field manager today and he is ok with my idea of letting us use one of the purpose built steal framed display area.

It is a bit like an oversized market stall; each bay is deep enough to put two Locomobile type cars, one behind the other, and the unit is 10 bays wide. The metal Framework is a permanent fixture but its canvas sides and roof are taken off and put in storage after the agricultural show, our club members will fit the roof and sides on the Wednesday.

Caravan space will be allocated directly to the side so that someone can keep an eye on things. There will be plenty of room for you to have a private BBQ or what ever.

Thanks Jeff for promoting our joint project on your website, and thanks Barry for the nice comments on the forum.
(last Sunday did 10 miles in Bryan Richmond Dodds Model M, I'm still recovering from the experience, what a nice car!)

regards Harold Bell

Re: Driffield Steam and Vintage Rally
Posted by: SUPER7591 (---.range86-145.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 8, 2010 05:57PM

Just to keep everyone up to date, we have at least eight cars booked already, there is still room for more if anyone is interested. Following discussions with Graham Atkinson (Flower of May steam museum between Scarborough and Filey) he is willing to open the steam museum for a private visit as part of a tour for those intersted on the Friday and I can arrange another short run out to a relatives 'open farm' complete with home made ice cream from the Jersey cows, coffee and home made cakes near Hornsea for another day. Regards Harold Bell East Riding Engine Club Chairman

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 05/08/10 06:01PM by SUPER7591.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC