Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Another newbie.
Posted by: (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 07:57AM

Hello all. Been following this forum for a while, and convinced myself that in the fullness of time, I NEED an early steam car. Saw this ? Toledo 1902 model B [www.prestonservices.co.uk], but it looks like nothing I can find relating to a Toledo other than ? rear axle and ? exhaust port positions. I would guess it is a 'bitza', which I do not necessarily mind, but I do have the romantic notion of taking part in the VCC Brighton run. More photos are apparently going to be posted shortly-
My questions are 1. As a not runner ?bitza, albeit perhaps toledo based what is a realistic price?- the £60,000 they want for it certainly seems a bit steep, and certainly out of my price range for a project. 2.given what appear to be stringent criteria for VCC dating what is the likelihood of acceptance?
Thanks.
Richard Simons
East Grinstead
West Sussex.

Re: Another newbie.
Posted by: (193.62.111.---)
Date: May 28, 2010 08:11AM

Can't comment on a particular car but personally I would not get a Veteran car unless it already had a fairly recent VCC dating certificate or a well-documented history.

Re: Another newbie.
Posted by: (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 28, 2010 08:31AM

sound advice; the reason I asked is that if it is indeed a bitza it appears to have been in its current state for many years- as an older 'restoration' is it likely the dating comittee/ company would still refuse? it strikes me as sad if one needed to eradicate a substantial portion of a car's history just to 'normalize' it of this purpose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC