Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
New Book on Doble Steam Cars
Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: May 29, 2010 04:07AM

Hi All,

Check out the new Doble book by Barry Herbert which has just become available.

I have just started reading my copy and its a great read with loads of pictures and technical information all wrapped around a personal story of Barry's determination to get his two Dobles in perfect running condition.

The print run was for a limited number so get your’s before they all go, see the 'For Sale' page.

All the best, Jeff.

www.steamcar.net

Re: New Book on Doble Steam Cars
Posted by: (---.wavecable.com)
Date: June 4, 2010 01:16AM

I just received my fresh copy of Barry's new book,"A Tale of Two Dobles". It is a must have book including much information and many, many new vintage photos of Dobles. Thank you Barry for taking the time and expense of putting together such an interesting and necessary book. You are an inspiration to us all.

Posted by: (202.124.72.---)
Date: June 11, 2010 07:05PM

Mine arrived this week too - great book beautifully produced and stacked with unique and great technical detail on these amazing cars. Nice work Barry! - and thanks for signing it too :-)

Cheers
Jerry

Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.maxnet.co.nz)
Date: June 12, 2010 05:26PM

Hi Does the price include shipping to the rest of the world specifically down here in New Zealand? I have access to a UK bank account so can add any extra to the cheque.

Cheers
Mark

Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.KCOM.COM)
Date: June 12, 2010 05:41PM

Mark,

The cost of the book and sending it Air Mail to New Zealand is 42 British pounds.

Send your cheque to my address "The Owls Press, 20 Walkington Road, Little Weighton, East Yorkshire, HU20 3UT"

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 06/12/10 05:43PM by barry herbert.

Posted by: Brian McMorran (---.as43234.net)
Date: June 13, 2010 03:06PM

A good read and well worth the money. Interesting insight to the operational problems and development of the Doble as well as Barry's hard work in getting the two cars back on the road.

Brian

Posted by: (---.cpe.metrocast.net)
Date: June 16, 2010 02:26PM

Got my copy of Barry's Doble book today. Great job!! I will enjoy reading it through. The Doble is such a rare steam car. I understand that only about 50 were built. TOM

Date: June 16, 2010 08:44PM

Thanks Barry
Cheques on it's way

Cheers
Mark

Date: June 28, 2010 05:15PM

Got my copy yesterday, read it cover to cover while my CNC mill peck drilled 498 0.99mm holes 10mm deep in glass reinforced epoxy board. Paint drying is more entertaining but I have to monitor the mill in case the drills pick up, so I had five hours to read sitting and changing out No61 drills.
Result
BUY THE BOOK!
A marvelous well written explanation of Doble's high performance steam and the work required to get great these steam cars right. I've seen both of Barry's Dobles at the Australian steam car rallies and he writes exactly as it happened failures successes etc.
Makes me glad to know the few Doble parts I owned are back in circulation helping these great vehicles specifically E19 E11 stay mobile and perform as they should.
Cheers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC