Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous1234567Next
Current Page:6 of 7
Re: New form of high torque turbine pattern,available for building and testing.
Posted by: Fire-Drop_Technologies (---.cedarnetworks.com)
Date: July 8, 2010 11:19AM

I shall see if it is in my abbility to craft a simple one of wood.
It seem's th only way to disprove this Derission,and set grounds fora constructive conversation, on HOW to develop said technologies, Rather than have a puffing contest.

Date: July 8, 2010 01:09PM

Because It was for love of the study that I drew these, and out of Respect that I shared.With hi hope of insietter thtefull and constructive Discution to further and better these patterns in form and function. Not to kindle resentment, nor to birth dicord. Please gentelmen, keep in mind though unconventional, these are patterns to bring steam power a new or at the least differant form of practical modern aplication and useingExternal combustion as a power source is a time proven method of cleaner burning Safe power development, and it was in recognition of this that I sought your insite. Not Derishon.

Posted by: (---.range81-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 8, 2010 04:29PM

Hello Richard,

It’s clear to me that you are not going to convince members of the Steam Car Club that your turbine will work so I can see little point in you continuing to post on this topic. However, there is The Phoenix Turbine Builders Club whose dedicated members design and build experimental steam turbines and boilers of all types and styles. They have a web site at www.phoenixnavigation.com/ptbc/ click on the resources link, top left, and then on discussion, also top left, which will then bring up the forum entry page.

I, respectfully, suggest you redirect your turbine design to their forum which may result in a more positive outcome for you.

John

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 07/09/10 02:04AM by John Barnard.

Date: July 9, 2010 12:03PM

Thank you Sir.
For not only being polit, by helpfull as well sir.
God bless.
To the rest of the persons, reading thank's for your time,
Soory you dont find the idea of a mechanical propulsor, with hige rpm and only four components to the entirity of it's drive unit as facinating to try and develop , as I my self do.

Posted by: les nelson (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 11, 2010 06:47AM

I have read all the correspondence about "fire drop technology" , some times with great amusement, we seem (the SCCGcool smiley to be at severe difference to F.D.T. but then was that not the same for Sir Frank Whittle? he was not accepted by anyone when he first proposed the Gas Turbine ( commonly known as the "Jet engine") not too long ago , but I have to put my opinion with the rest of the club and suggest this proposal to be flawed, I would not spend any time on a project that has had as much experienced advice, all free by the way, to the negative, but you must give due credit for a "trier", that said, I am not a turbine expert but have served the engineering world for 50 or more years and in my humble opinion this design is going no where (fast?) . unless there are features we do not know about, or have not been explained accurately, my glass is neither half full or half empty, the glass is too big.

Date: September 21, 2010 06:24PM

Sir as best I am able to, it work's like this.
Each Round sealed piston top shaped protushion from the center crank is like a padle wheel and when it comes in front of the entering steam that is at a higher than Atmoshpere preshure it will be spun buy the pressure Differance betwixt the inlet, and the atmosphere preshure void at the botom of the round chamber that these Disck like proturshans are seated in and sealed to. Just as a marble in a tube that has been bent in to a circle will spin thrue the tube and reach the exit. So too the4 Round disk shaped "piston" or vein will spin thrue it's case causeing the force of the steam multilied by radius of rotation to be exerted against the driven Shaft. Is that any help sir? Try the marble thing I think it will then make more sence. The two ring's below the round protushions on the side of the case and pressed against the disk like center Fly that these proturshions are atatched to acts like a crank shalft. So entering force is steady and at a given volume of flow, and this pressure then seeks exit from the case causing rotation. Any help?

Date: September 21, 2010 06:29PM

And sir?
It isn't an expantion engine.
It is a pressure engine, It would run on air at the right pressure, steam just happens to be a good sorce of pressure.

Posted by: (---.wavecable.com)
Date: September 22, 2010 12:44AM

Technically, another name for the steam engine with pistons is the "expander". Because: Once the steam is admitted into the cylinder, the steam is expanded while it is doing its work. Early cut off in hook-up with a Stanley steam engine, cuts off the steam admission to the stroke typically 30 percent before the end of the stroke. That leaves the steam that is trapped in the cylinder to expand for the rest of the stroke without any additional steam being added to that stroke. Expansion in the expander.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 09/23/10 02:29PM by SSsssteamer.

Date: September 22, 2010 03:58PM

Sir?
The way the sliding steam inlet controle rod moves only one or the other of the two inlet ports will be open at any given time. time. So No sir. The higher pressure will always seak the exaughst port located at the bottom of the case.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 09/22/10 03:59PM by Fire-Drop_Technologies.

Date: October 17, 2011 03:34PM

[youtu.be]

Wont work aye?

Goto Page:  Previous1234567Next
Current Page:6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC