Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous1234567
Current Page:7 of 7
Re: New form of high torque turbine pattern,available for building and testing.
Posted by: Fire-Drop_Technologies (---.cedarnetworks.com)
Date: October 17, 2011 04:30PM

Check the u-tube like calub

Posted by: (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 17, 2011 08:04PM

Richard,

Are you claiming that the Vengeance Power Engine is your design?

If so then you have changed you design drastically.

They are out of Ontario, Canada and you live in Texas right?

Check out their web page that shows drawings and photos of the engine taken apart. [www.vengeancepower.com]

Take carefull notice that the rotor is round while the housing/block is not. This is basically the same as the old vane type pumps, except that this design produces four "strokes" per revolution of the rotor. One interesting difference is that they are using a cam track to force the vanes in position against the cylinders wall to keep them sealed.

The greatest issue that these engines always have had is maintaining a seal between the vane and the wall, that was the Wankels greatest problem until it was solved by using very expensive materials for the rotor tips in the late 70's to early 80's, that and the direct oiling didn't hurt either!

Please do note that their chambers have a change in volume, for a gas engine to work it must either have a change in its chambers volume, such as a piston engine or be capable of slowing down a free stream of fluid, such as a bladed turbine or water wheel.

So to put it another way, it must either trap the fluid in a chamber whose volume can change or there must be a free flowing fluid stream that it can absorb energy from. Admitting a fluid into a sealed chamber that has no change in volume and no free flow, such as your idea, simply can not and will not produce any power.

Caleb Ramsby

Posted by: Fire-Drop_Technologies (---.cedarnetworks.com)
Date: October 19, 2011 04:12PM

No Caleb,
only that when it runs on steam the same phisics that cause it to move move my engine / Rottor/ or Rottory!
The differance is that thier vians move in and out, but the forces that cause them to spin are the same ones that move my engine.
Thier engine compresses the pockets of gas, but my'n dosnt need to unless you intend it to be internal combustion And I don't.
but iff you go too their web site you will clearly see in the ecploded componet's view of their engine, the same Mechanical principals that my'n uses, and that my'n is simpler and stronger. As my'n uses a better form of seal.

Also, It is possable that their engine is a dirivitive of a set of my patterns left in Califonia, but as I didn't take the time to get them noterized It is of no leagle consequnce to me.

though I do think ifthey used hydrolic displacment to move the vains (or seals) in thier engine that it would have a better seal and crisper movement. But that is niether here nore there.
To my point that My rotor spool will turn based on the same forces at work in thier engine.

Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.maxnet.co.nz)
Date: October 20, 2011 01:17AM

No, your machine will not turn as you have drawn it. You agreed to come back when you had a mockup even in wood and you agreed.
Trying to use something that is nothing like your machine as proof your machine will work is unwise.
You can easily prove your idea by producing a working unit, so please do so.

Posted by: (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 20, 2011 09:35PM

Goto Page:  Previous1234567
Current Page:7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC