Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Drawings
Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 26, 2005 04:05PM

Does anyone know where I might find outline drawings of 1910 Stanley 10hp body work. Side and front elevations with dimensions would be nice. I have looked at probably every photograph on the internet but no one ever takes a picture purely side on ! I realise that various models would have been produced, but any of that era would be of use to me.
Thanks,
Jack.

Re: Drawings
Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: November 28, 2005 04:14AM

Hi Jack,
Your request for drawings has given me an idea, as soon as the next "The Steamcar" magazine is completed (next few days) I will make up some new pages on this web site which will contain the drawings which I have here, I seem to remember that I have a set of chassis drawings for a Stanley EX, not sure about a 10hp, watch for a new page tag soon, Jeff.

Re: Drawings
Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 28, 2005 04:32PM

Well thanks Jeff, I am sure it will be helpful to me (and others). I am sure you will agree that the classic lines of a Stanley are usually only seen full front or full side when 'in the flesh' since photographers are usually concerned with artistic presentation and produce 3/4 views. I would like to make my Stanley type car look more Stanley-ish, and since it is loosley based on the 10hp type I thought maybe some tweaks to the existing bodywork could produce a better reproduction in appearance.

Jack....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC