Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
BMW Steam Car
Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: December 10, 2005 05:21AM

Hi All,
Heiner Rossler sent me this information which I thought would be interesting to everyone, have a look at.........

[www.steamcar.net]

Re: BMW Steam Car
Posted by: (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 26, 2009 03:01PM

Jeff,
I have toyed around with the same idea, only much simpler(don't have BMW's bucks to play with). As we all know the catalitic converter on our cars doesn't improve performance just reduces emissions by burning up most of the fuel our engine didn't use. It also produces lots of heat, up to 725 degrees celsius. Place a generator in the catalist, run the steam produced to a small, geared down, Tesla disc turbine with belt drive to the crankshaft pulley on your engine and you would have yourself a fantastic supercharger. The good news is friction losses would be minimal and hp gains all profit.

Posted by: (78.145.91.---)
Date: August 27, 2009 02:37AM

Jeff, this is exactly what we were talking about yesterday. The efficiency of catalytic combustion is far higher than coventional combustion. It's been around for a long time and no one has done anything with it. Let's hope the Japanese throw some mega-bucks at it and then it will become affordable.

Regards John H

Posted by: (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 27, 2009 07:03AM

Jeff & John,
Don't want to intrude on a private conversation but has anyone done any experimentation on using a catalyst as a burner for steam generation? I know there has been some experimentation with ceramic felts. Imagine boiler efficency if you had a ceramic felt burner and your boiler tubes were inserted in a catalyst?
Rob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC