Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Jeff Theobald
Posted by: (---.wavecable.com)
Date: October 8, 2010 01:49AM

Dear Pat
While I was at work today Steven Theobald called and said his dad
Jeff had passed away during the night, quite a shock ! RW
Richard Roberts

Please confirm?

Re: Jeff Theobald
Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.KCOM.COM)
Date: October 8, 2010 04:39AM

Yes, it is unforunately true. Pauline telephoned me and told me the sad news. She asked that members do not telephone her for a few days as the family is in a state of shock, as are all of us.

She will keep us informed, probably on this website, funeral arrangements, etc.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10/08/10 04:40AM by barry herbert.

Posted by: (---.nmsi.ac.uk)
Date: October 8, 2010 05:20AM

Steven rang me yesterday too; such upsetting news. Jeff's help and support with the long & difficult restoration of my car proved invaluable. Need I say more?

Posted by: Mike Clark (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: October 8, 2010 05:25AM

What terrible news - and how we shall all miss him. Jeff was not only Mr Steam Car, but in our family was always known as Smiling Jeff, which I think sums him up perfectly. I'm so sad Jeff has gone. It was far too soon. My thoughts and love to Pauline, Steven and the grandchildren.

Mike

Posted by: (81.168.70.---)
Date: October 8, 2010 07:56AM

I too was so shocked to hear of Jeff's passing.

I'm happy that I was chatting to him by phone the night that he passed away, and he was the same cheery self that I always knew. He was generous & helpful to all.

I would like to echo Mike's message that our thoughts & love go to Pauline, Steve & the grandchildren.

Greg

Posted by: les nelson (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 8, 2010 08:00AM

What a sad blow! we have lost a mainstay of the club who will be remembered for many years as a smiley helpfull chap , he "lived" steam cars and his knowledge was outstanding he was listed as one of my best friends in the club , and his work on the web site and the magazine was outstanding, Our condolences to all the family during this difficult time.
It was my pleasure to have known Jeff I will miss you R.I.P. Les & Pat Nelson

Posted by: Old timer (86.112.61.---)
Date: October 8, 2010 02:04PM

Jeff was a very special person who made a excellent magazine and website.I will miss him terribly. Jeff R.I.P forever. I send my condolences to his family. George Hounslow

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 10/08/10 02:08PM by Old timer.

Posted by: (---.cpe.gos.comcen.com.au)
Date: October 9, 2010 07:25AM

This is very sad and unexpected news. I've only known Jeff through his extensive activities reported via steam car clubs and their associated web sites. His dedication to steam car restoration activities was the highest level anyone could imagine. I offer my condolences to all his family.

Graeme Vagg,
Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC