Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous1234567Next
Current Page:4 of 7
Re: Memories of Jeff
Posted by: (---.supremepetfoods.com)
Date: October 11, 2010 05:04AM

I was extremely saddened to hear about Jeff. He has been a great inspiration to me over the last 10 years since I have owned my Stanley. I will always remember his kindness and patience in welcoming me and my family to our first steam car tour in Norfolk in 2007. He was always on hand if you needed technical help or just encouragement and it is obvious his loss will be immense not only for his family but to all of us who love steam cars. Floreat vapor.
Robert and Tina Baker

Posted by: (---.bay.webtv.net)
Date: October 11, 2010 07:37AM

I am deeply saddened to hear of Jeff's passing. He was not only a good friend and an invaluable help and inspiration to owners and operators of steam cars, but even to "aspiring steam car designers and builders" such as myself. Not to mention a great guy. Jeff helped arrange my life-changing and unforgettable 2005 "steam car tour" of the UK, was a splendid and delighful co-host during my stay in his guest room at Marston Lodge, was my guide in fascinating and highly informative and inspirational tours of his extensive workshop and steam car collection, and even served as expert driver on my tremendously enjoyable first and third steam car rides. Even the briefest acquaintance with him was a most rewarding and invaluable experience. His knowledge, appreciation, and love of all things steam, automotive, and beyond, was unsurpassed. He will be greatly missed by me and everyone else in the steam car world. My sincere heartfelt condolences to Pauline, Steve, and all of his family and friends.

Peter Brow
San Diego, California

Posted by: (---.pool1.unallocated-111-0.orangehomeds)
Date: October 11, 2010 11:55AM

It was with great shock and sadness when I visited the site today that I found that my steam guru had passed away. It was only last week that Jeff was helping me on the email with a problem I had and as far as I am concerned he will be missed by all in the steam car world. It was a pleasure when we met Jeff and his enthusiasm was clear as he showed me around his vast collection. My sincere condolences go to Pauline, Steven and family.

Terry Fry
Fellow Stanley EX owner.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10/17/10 06:55PM by terryfry.

Posted by: (---.direcway.com)
Date: October 11, 2010 12:59PM

Although I never knew Jeff personally, I had a wonderful email correspondence with him over the past few years. I found him to be ever enthusiastic and full of good information that was pertinent to the car I own. When he was restoring the Hart he inquired about the burner and I was able to furnish him information about and instructions for running it as it is identical to the one in my car.

I was shocked to hear of his death and I will miss him and his good work on the magazine and the website. I extend my condolences to his family and the club family as well. A final whistle salute to you, Jeff.

Arthur Eldredge
Peterborough, New Hampshire, USA

Posted by: (---.range81-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: October 12, 2010 03:56AM

Like so many others, I too was deeply saddened to hear of Jeff's untimely passing - a more friendly, helpful and enthusiastic person would be hard to find.
Jeff introduced me to the wonderful world of steam cars when I met him through one of life's quirks of fate. I acquired my 'project' from him and he has provided a great deal of help and encouragement - I now plan to complete it as a memorial to his love of our hobby as I know he will be keeping his eye on me from wherever he now is!
Our thoughts go out to his lovely wife Pauline, son Steve and all other family members at this saddest of times.

Colin Ansell

Posted by: barry herbert (87.102.9.---)
Date: October 12, 2010 06:57AM

A MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM MISS WIZZ SIGNWRITING via my e-mail "barry@owlshoot.com"

I knew Jeff from the steam rallies and I was very shocked and saddened by his pasing.

I'm not a steam car person, Nor have I any connection to him other than seeing him at traction engine rallies. But he always stopped to help if me and my brother were stopped with the traction engine and he let me drive his car once - that was a real honour and a thrill! He always had a kind word for me and we had many interesting conversations over the years. I may not have known him well but he made a huge impact on me and I will miss him terribly.

Posted by: (---.in-addr.broadbandscope.com)
Date: October 12, 2010 12:54PM

Unfortunately I never met Jeff, but when I first joined the club recently, he was so welcoming and kind I felt a close friend. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and to all of you lucky enough to know him personally, my condolences on the loss of this kind man.
Graham

Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.kcom.com)
Date: October 12, 2010 01:12PM

A MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM DON AND NANCY BOURDON IN AMERICA via my e-mail "barry@owlshoot.com"

It was a great shock for us when Nancy and I heard of Jeff's death whilst we were at Hershey. We would like to send our condolences to Jeff's family. We never met Jeff but were looking forward to finally meeting him when we next visited England. He became like a friend to us through the magazine and the web site. He will be greatly missed by us all in the USA and around the world.
Don and Nancy Bourdon

Date: October 12, 2010 01:12PM

A MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM DON AND NANCY BOURDON IN AMERICA via my e-mail "barry@owlshoot.com"

It was a great shock for us when Nancy and I heard of Jeff's death whilst we were at Hershey. We would like to send our condolences to Jeff's family. We never met Jeff but were looking forward to finally meeting him when we next visited England. He became like a friend to us through the magazine and the web site. He will be greatly missed by us all in the USA and around the world.
Don and Nancy Bourdon

Date: October 12, 2010 01:17PM

A MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM BRENT AND MARTHA CAMPBELL IN AMERICA
via my e-mail "barry@owlshoot.com"

Brent and Martha send their condolences to Jeff's family. Jeff was a kingpin for the entire world of steam cars and will be greatly missed. His dedication in building this movement through the magazine and web site was a wonderful gift to us all. He will be greatly missed.

Goto Page:  Previous1234567Next
Current Page:4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC