Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous1234567Next
Current Page:5 of 7
Re: Memories of Jeff
Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.kcom.com)
Date: October 12, 2010 01:20PM

A MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM OUR CHAIRMAN WHO IS AT PRESENT IN AMERICA via my e-mail "barry@owlshoot.com"

We would like to send our condolences to Pauline, Steve, Liz, Scott and Jessie for the loss of Jeff who will be sorely missed by thousands of people around the world. We would especially like to thank Pauline for tolerating Jeff's dedication to the steam car movement worldwide. He's left us all with a wonderful legacy with regards to the magazine and the web site. Thank you Jeff. You were a great friend, we will miss you very much. Basil and Vicki

Date: October 12, 2010 01:22PM

A MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM JOHN LIMING via my e-mail "barry@owlshoot.com"

"My wife and I have known Jeff for a number of years, and the news came as a great shock to learn of his sudden and most untimely death.

He will be greatly missed by us both, as will all who are part of the steam car fraternity.

We have always looked forward eagerly to his 'Steam Car magazine' and all relevant news on his Web site information.

He will leave a huge space in forthcoming steam car events both here and foreign parts.

Gone but never forgotten.

Our condolences to Pauline, son Steve and family"

Posted by: (---.range81-159.btcentralplus.com)
Date: October 12, 2010 01:39PM

THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM RICHARD OF HALLETT OILS LTD WHO ASKED IF I WOULD POST THE FOLLOWING;

Lynn and I had the pleasure just last year of meeting Jeff and Pauline during the Cotswolds Tour.

Since then Jeff and I have had several telephone conversations during which he kindly offered his valuable advice in matters concerning Steam and Oil for which I was extremeley grateful.

Such a sad loss to the Steam Car World, may the Lord find him a suitable workshop.

Our thoughts are with Jeffs' family

Lynn and Richard Hallett

Posted by: Don Hoke (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: October 12, 2010 04:00PM

Carolyn and I are deeply saddened and shocked to hear that Jeff Theobald has passed away. We had planned to visit him and his family on our trip to England in November and although we are still coming, it will not be the same without meeting Jeff.

We corresponded by email and partnered on some things for The Steam Car, which is a lasting tribute to Jeff, and we were so looking forward to meeting him in person.

Jeff was generous in sharing information and helpful in numerous ways. We will always remember Jeff and his kindness. Please know that Pauline and Steve are in our hearts and prayers.

Don Hoke

Posted by: (---.grapevine.transact.net.au)
Date: October 13, 2010 07:26AM

My deepest condolences to Pauline and Steve and family

- I was privileged to meet Jeff last year at the London to Brighton run and the following day at his home where he showed me his car collection. He patiently allowed me to photograph them and we spoke for several hours.I found him generous, warm and a genuine enthusiast with a great sense of humour, and above all very willing to share his knowledge. I had hoped to come over for a visit early next year - when I next visit the UK. Jeff has done so much for the steam car community and we will all be the poorer for his passing.

RIP Jeff

Jerry Everard
Canberra, Australia

Posted by: (---.ubs-dynamic.connections.net.nz)
Date: October 13, 2010 07:22PM

I was deeply saddened to hear of Jeffs untimely passing away
I will always have vivid memories of a recent visit to Surrey where I was cordially invited to stay with Jeff and Pauline for a few days, and what an amazing few days that was. Jeff was one of the most approachable and friendly people I have met.
I was amazed at the collection of "things" in his house including model steam locos. boats,clocks, music-boxes etc. He never hesitated to show me anything or discuss it intelligently. We both spoke the same language. We did several trips around the block in his steamers from veteran to modern. We visited friends of his and he made it possible for me to enjoy more rides and drives of veteran Stanleys. Visited workshops where Traction Engines were being made and repaired. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for him. My son Dallas and wife Sharon were in UK for a few days at that time. With Jeff and Pauline we all went out for a final evening meal.

Jeffs friendly demeanor and cheeky grin are memories I will cherish for ever. Sadly Jeff did not get the ride in our Doble, that we talked about.

My heart felt condolences to Pauline, Steven and family.

Brian Rankine. New Zealand.

Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.KCOM.COM)
Date: October 14, 2010 11:45AM

A MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM KARL PETERSEN, BOISE, IDAHO
via my e-mail "barry@owlshoot.com"

I have never been able to think about Jeff and Pauline without feeling a little inadequate in my accomplishments on our SACA steam magazine and web pages, and the interest in history, cars and friendships which Jeff has encouraged, promoted, and created from whole cloth.

As others have said, his interests and enthusiasms were delightfully varied and fit mine very closely. I pray his passing on will bring us all to think about our generosity with our own interests, and how much of the delight we have is in the sharing.

Posted by: (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: October 17, 2010 12:21AM

I met Jeff via email about five years ago.
We traded early issues of the Steam Automobile and I also was able to acquire the first 35 issues or so of his clubs magazine.
He was most enjoyable to converse with, a very kind and patient person to deal with.
May you rest in peace Jeff.
May God bless your family and friends.

Thomas Masciari
Derry, NH USA

Posted by: (---.ip.telfort.nl)
Date: October 17, 2010 02:27PM

I was shocked to hear the news of Jeff's passing from one of the steam car friends I met while I as In Hershey. I will remember Jeff not only as a most helpfull person, but as a cheerful character with who I shared a lot of common interests. WhenI first met Jeff and Pauline during the Norfolk tour in 1996. I attended that tour as a spectator but was soorn absorbed into the club and I was invited by Philip Hopes to drive his Stanley EX. This was my first driving experience in a steamcar and each time I visited Jeff and Pauline in Haslemere fond memories of that time came back as soon as I spotted that same EX again. I remember the time that Jeff and Pauline and their friends approprialely called Brooks came over to visit our home in the Netherlands while over to visit a Jukebox fair or show in s'Hertogenbosch. We invited the party to a guided tour to Amsterdam and during this tour I had decided to take them on a tram ride. This proved to be a great success as there are no longer any modern tram systems in opereation in the UK and they were all exited to experience this once again. Last time I visited Jeff was after I collected my Model D White from a few villages away from Haslemere. And althoug Jeff and Pauline already had other guests we were invited to come over and show the car and have a meal. Since then I have had contact with Jeff about contributions to the Magazine and I had hoped to see Jeff shooting by during the London to Brighton run that we will be coming over to see as spectators. I am sad this will not be as before and I whish Pauline and Steve and family and friends all the strength they will need to cope with this tragic loss.
Arnoud Carp

Date: October 18, 2010 04:18PM

A MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM TOM CARDER via my e-mail "barry@owlshoot.com"

Hi my name is Tom Carder. I was shocked to hear the passing of Jeff. He was a true gentleman and will be greatly missed by all who new him. My thoughts are with his family on this very sad time. R.I.P. JEFF

Goto Page:  Previous1234567Next
Current Page:5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC