Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous1234567
Current Page:7 of 7
Re: Memories of Jeff
Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.KCOM.COM)
Date: November 2, 2010 02:42PM

MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM CHANNELL WASSON IN CALIFORNIA

I live near San Francisco California with my wife Jan and our 1924
Stanley 750. We came to England on Oct 1 and I had for some time been
looking forward to a planned visit with Jeff and Pauline at their home at
Marsten Manor. My fried Grahame and I came for our visit on Oct 4. It was
a happy and lively time. Pauline served tea and biscuits then off we went
with Jeff into the barn to see his cars and to enjoy 2 hours of good steam
talk. What a treasured memory Jeff gave us. Jeff was certainly in fine
fettle during our visit.

The news of October 6 was very sad. Jan and I send our sympathy and
love to Pauline and family at the loss of our dear friend Jeff.

Date: November 2, 2010 05:10PM

MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM BRIAN SMALLWOOD

My memories of Jeff are of a smiling face to greet you wherever he was and whatever he was doing . A constant source of information willingly given about anything he was interested in ,
which was most mechanical items . I am still trying to come to terms of his early demise , so young in today`s times . It just goes to show that you have to live life to the full as nobody knows what is round the corner . My heartfelt condolence to Pauline and all her family .

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 11/03/10 07:44AM by barry herbert.

Date: November 10, 2010 01:28PM

Seen on the Winker - the eNewsletter of the Stanley Museum. Written by D. Howard Randall jr., Managing Trustee and Board Chair.

As we prepared to go to press we were saddened to hear the news that Jeff Theobald of the Steam Car Club of Great Britain had passed away unexpectedly in his sleep on October 6, 2010. Jeff was a good friend to everyone in the steam car world, and an important contributor through his tireless work as editor of the Steam Car and webmaster for the SCCGB website. He was also a contributor to the Stanley Museum Quarterly and was particularly gracious in helping to promote and advertise the Stanley Museum auction, even lending his expertise in identifying some obscure Lane steamer parts consigned this past summer. I had the please of working with Jeff in putting together a brief "virtual tour" of the Stanley Museum for his website, and I will miss our editorial correspondance. All of us in the steam car community will miss his many contributions, his generosity and his friendship.

Posted by: (---.wavecable.com)
Date: November 27, 2010 10:24AM

Today is November 27th, the Jeff Theobald Memorial Tribute Day. We are tipping the brims of our hats to Jeff today. Jeff, thank you for everything that you have done for our hobby during your busy time here on earth. You were an inspiration to us all. Especially on how you were able to get so many of your projects done every year, and still make time to help your friends with their projects too. You were amazing.

Goto Page:  Previous1234567
Current Page:7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC