Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
CONTINUATION OF THE MAGAZINE AND WEBSITE
Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.kcom.com)
Date: October 12, 2010 01:28PM

A MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM YOUR CHAIRMAN WHO IS AT PRESENT IN AMERICA
via my e-mail "barry@owlshoot.com"

I have spoken to Pauline on a number of occasions over the past week.

Unbelievably her great concern was the continuation of the magazine and web site. She explained that Jeff absolutely adored composing and running both and his life was built around this.

I have promised her that this legacy he has left us all will continue, we won't let him down. A big thank you to the many people who have offered their help with regards to both and I'll contact them all by the end of the month.

If you feel you would like to help in any way, short or long term, or by contributions, please contact me.

Thank you, Basil

Re: CONTINUATION OF THE MAGAZINE AND WEBSITE
Posted by: les nelson (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 18, 2010 04:08PM

I will continue to support the magazine by sending "copy" from time to time , and as you know I am a Gobby B****r and can usually find some thing to write about I know from past experience it can be difficult to fill the pages some times, and Jeff used to ring for some filler if he was short of material for the mag.
For those who are reading this YOUR input however small , say a picture and a few words would be usefull , and it does not take long to do, so make a promise
I WILL HELP!!!!!! Regards to all Les

Posted by: (---.grapevine.transact.net.au)
Date: October 19, 2010 08:33AM

I have already offered my support and help to Barry - yes I shall be contributing articles and photos as well - mostly from my travels where I encounter steam cars - there not being too many here in Australia. If we all pitch in our bits then Barry's job will be made much easier and the magazine and club will continue to thrive from the cameraderie that makes a group of people into a community of friends

Cheers
Jerry
Canberra, Australia

Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.KCOM.COM)
Date: October 20, 2010 06:35AM

Just to confirm what Jerry has stated, I have offered to be the editor of The Steam Car Magazine, but NOT the Website operator. The club still needs a volunteer for this latter job.

I know I have taken on a task that will take some effort to even match the standard set by Jeff over his 31 issues. However I will try my best.

Pauline and Steve have offered to let the club have "Jeff's" e-mail address "steamcar.net" and this will be transferred over to the club in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, any articles you have or can write, photographs, drawings, etc that you own, can be sent to my own e-mail address "barry@owlshoot.com".

I NEED ARTICLES, ETC. URGENTLY, IN ORDER TO MEET THE 15TH DECEMBER DEADLINE. PLEASE HELP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC