Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
club magazine and website
Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 2, 2010 08:08PM

Barry Herbert has taken on the post of magazine editor. He has personaly purchased all new equipment and is working with Pauline and Steven Jeffs widow and son.I have thanked them on behalf of the club for their concern for the club and promised that the club will carry on with the legacy that Jeff has left the steam car world. Pauline and Steven have given the club all rights to the web site,its content and domain name along with other doman names that Jeff had title to.Marilyn Oliver has taken on the post of web Master. Ben Blood is assisting with all the technical aspects of the transfer of programs etc.I would like to thank Marilyn and Barry on behalf of the club plus all those involved in carrying out Jeffs work as he would have wished.

Basil

Re: club magazine and website
Posted by: Mike Clark (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: November 3, 2010 05:06AM

Basil - a very hard act to follow but it looks like you've got the system in place.

I do wish Barry and his helpers, and Marilyn and Ben success in this. I am sure the rest of us will continue to contribute writeups and pictures to keep up Jeff's amazing standards.

Mike

Posted by: (---.nmsi.ac.uk)
Date: November 3, 2010 08:00AM

Same from me, the website in particular - Pauline and Steven have made a very generous gesture in transferring all the IPR & domain names.

Peter

Date: November 5, 2010 08:49AM

Christine Calver and sons Lewis,Oliver and Liam have taken on the job of posting the magazine. I will store and archive the surplus.Thanks again for all the offers of help.We will contact those who have offered help as we need to spread the work load more effectively .
Basil

Posted by: Mike Clark (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: November 14, 2010 04:31PM

Great to see the Brighton Run pictures and that the web site is once again in action - well done.

Mike

Posted by: Michael Dyke (95.149.79.---)
Date: November 16, 2010 04:04PM

Well done to everyone in keeping things rolling, Jeff's will be a tough act to follow. I do wonder if we really need the insurance comparison adverts on the site, or is this a new income stream for the club? According to go compare.com there is no such make as Stanley!

Mike.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 11/16/10 04:45PM by Michael Dyke.

Date: November 16, 2010 06:42PM

Hi Mike and all.
The adds are a test trial to see if they are worth doing. They generate a few pence every time they are clicked on.
Basil

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC