Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Jeff's memorial tribute day
Posted by: (---.range86-137.btcentralplus.com)
Date: November 27, 2010 01:14PM

I have just returned home from a truly wonderful day spent in the company of Jeff's family and friends at the tribute to him held at Old Thorns not far from their family home.

The event was a very moving celebration of his life and we are all so very grateful to Steve for giving us an opportunity to remember his Dad in such a happy way.

Steve, Jeff's sister and Mike Mutters all gave us some very moving accounts of so many aspects of Jeff's life and hobbies - how could someone who was taken from us so young have done so much we all wondered!

The eulogies were accompanied by many projected photographs and video clips of our friend Jeff 'at play' - there was not one in which he wasn't smiling!
The venue was adorned with some wonderful large size photographs showing many aspects of his hobbies over the years - I know that this had taken quite some time and effort on the part of Steve and his friends to prepare; it really was appreciated by the many people that attended.

I was privileged to be able to travel to the venue with Steve in the Model 85 and despite the bitterly cold day it is a journey I will always remember (especially the start!). I know that Steve was apprehensive about taking the car but even more so for his impending speech - he shouldn't have worried as he carried it off magnificently.

I am sure that our friend was smiling down on us today and was happy to see that we are all starting to come to terms with life without him.

Jeff, my friend; you will not be forgotten.

Re: Jeff's memorial tribute day
Posted by: Old timer (86.112.48.---)
Date: November 27, 2010 02:10PM

I agree, it was very well organised and really showed what a Wonderful person Jeff was and I am very greatful to Steven for letting my Dad and I ride back to Haslemere in the Stanley 85,thankyou very much.What an amazing workshop.
George Hounslow

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11/29/10 03:23PM by Old timer.

Posted by: Ian Vinton (---.range86-156.btcentralplus.com)
Date: November 28, 2010 04:02PM

May I express my Thanks to Jeff's family for sharing their memories of Jeff with us, he was truly one fantastic guy, who's help, kindness and knowledge I will miss.

Thanks to Steve and Pauline and the rest of the family

Regards
Ian Vinton

Posted by: (---.nmsi.ac.uk)
Date: November 29, 2010 07:22AM

Same from me.

Peter Turvey

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC