Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Teesdale Tour 2012
Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range86-158.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 12, 2010 05:07PM

Hi All,

I was in contact with Basil today about the 2012 Steam Car Tour that Lesley and I are looking to organize here in Teesdale, Co. Durham.

We discussed weather to keep the dates the same as in recent years, i.e. the first full week in September or to move it forward into August. In the past it has been in September, after the schools go back, so that the roads would be a bit quieter. But as Basil pointed out, there are now a number of young families that have missed the Tours because of their children being at school. The roads here in Teesdale aren’t as bad as some other parts of the country.

So, if you can give me your thoughts on this matter, then a date can be fixed and announced for the AGM or if necessary discussed further at the AGM.

Thanks (in advance)

Don

Re: Teesdale Tour 2012
Posted by: Ian Vinton (---.range86-153.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 13, 2010 02:22PM

Don

If you can keep it away from conflicting with Dorset, Driffield and Lincolnshire that would be great.

That bascically puts it around start of August.
Maybe run it the week before Driffield and then people could finish off the tour with a visit to the Driffield steam rally.

Cheers
Ian Vinton

Posted by: les nelson (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: December 14, 2010 02:49PM

Hi Donald if you are good enough to put the work in I expect most members will try their best to "fit in", it is inevitable there will be some who cannot attend whenever it is held,you know the old saying about pleasing some of the people some of the time? we will be looking forward to the tour, we have visited the area only briefly and it look's, beautiful. good luck with it!!!Les

Date: December 14, 2010 05:27PM

Ian,

I thought you did Pickering at the beginning of August?

Tours usually run Monday to Friday which means members arrive sometime on the Sunday in time for the fire up dinner and leave some time on the following Saturday morning. This makes attending a steam rally the weekend before or after a tour difficult.

Thank you for your comments, they have been noted.

Don

Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range86-159.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 7, 2011 05:11PM

Teesdale Tour 2012.

The base for the tour will be the Moorcock Inn on the outskirts of the village of Eggleston which is situated between the market towns of Barnard Castle and Middleton – in - Teesdale.
The Moorcock has a large function room that holds up to 75 for sit down meals and a field out the back that is ideal for the campers and trailers.
There are only 6 bedrooms here but we have sourced other pubs, B&B’s and hotels that are close by.

I will be attending the AGM next Saturday and would like to know members’ thoughts on the best time to hold the tour, as we would like as many members as possible to attend this tour.

[www.upperteesdale.co.uk]

Don

Posted by: Mike Clark (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: February 8, 2011 04:40AM

First week into September like Barry's tour would suit me. I think the SCCGB should run the main tour the same week each year so we can all plan and avoid clashes with other events.

Mike

Posted by: Old timer (86.112.88.---)
Date: February 8, 2011 11:19AM

Hi Mike etc, I hope it is not then (September) as I would really like to come on a Official club tour and I can not at that time of year due to school. So please could it be before then.I suppose I'm only one person so we will have to see what others think. Old Timer/George Hounslow.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 02/08/11 01:39PM by Old timer.

Date: February 8, 2011 02:53PM

Oh George we don't want you to miss out - hopefully this can be resolved at the AGM when someone surely will have a calender of events so we can work it out.

Mike

Date: February 14, 2011 04:28PM

Following an airing at the AGM we have now fixed the dates for the 2012 tour in Teesdale, they are as follows: - 19th to 24th of August - with the fire up dinner being on Sunday the 19th and the blow down dinner on Friday the 24th.

Please click on the following link to view some of the attractions Teesdale has to offer: - [www.upperteesdale.co.uk.]

Don

Edited 3 times. Last edit at 02/14/11 04:46PM by Donald Cook.

Date: February 14, 2011 05:23PM

Sounds good to me Don - I'd better get out in the shed!

Mike

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC