Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
steamer
Posted by: les nelson (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: December 13, 2010 07:27AM

If anyone is interested the "Nelson" steamer built in 1990 has it seems fallen by the wayside, it left me to go to Bob Dyke (I needed the space)and then onto someone else, my information is that the last owner passed away after stripping the car down for some reason and it now maybe in the ownership of his son. who MAY not be interested in it as a project, it was a good car and would stop on a sixpence with hydraulic brakes all round, the layout is very similar to the Stanley with burner etc and similiar boiler, the car was totally designed and built by me , it would be a shame if it disappears from sight, if I had room I would very much like to have it back but it is not possible , I think Bob will have some contact numbers if anyone was interested in a good (cheap) project, I do hope someone will take on Les Nelson

Re: steamer
Posted by: les nelson (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: December 15, 2010 01:35PM

GREAT NEWS the "Nelson" steamer is up and running happy in her new home I must have been missled, it seems the owner is very happy with the car and its performance, and will probably be joining the SCCGB, sorry if I have given the wrong impression , but I am very pleased she is still running. Les Nelson

Re: steamer
Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: December 15, 2010 04:56PM

Don't worry Les.....Nelson is in safe hands. All in one piece at the moment.
Jack.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC