Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2011
Posted by: barry herbert (---.karoo.KCOM.COM)
Date: January 2, 2011 06:26AM

The 2011 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the club is to be held on the 12th February, 2011.

It is to be held at the usual place, The Coventry Transport Museum, Millennium Place, Hales Street, Coventry CV1 1PN, STARTING at 2pm prompt.

The Agenda will include:-

Apologies for Absence
Silent Tribute to Jeff Theobald and other past members
Minutes of AGM February, 2010
Adoption of Minutes - matter arising thereon
Chairman's Report
Treasurer's Report and presentation of accounts
Adoption of Accounts - matters arising thereon
Election of Committee members
Draft Constitution - matters arising
Any other business

Following the rules of the existing constitution and the resignation of 2 members of the committee during the year, the club needs 2 volunteers to fill these posts. If you feel you would like to contribute your time to the well-being and future of the club please let the Chairman, Basil Craske, know. His telephone number is 01603 408356. The club also needs someone to take on the not to onerous role of "Club Secretary". The club is trying to spread out the running of the club over more members thereby reducing the work, previously done by a few members. Will you be one of the volunteers?

This is an important meeting for the club. Your views are needed on the REVISED WEBSITE, the REVISED MAGAZINE which will be with you during January, and any other improvements you think the club could incorporate to maintain it as the BEST, BIGGEST AND BOLDEST steam car club in the world.

Happy New Year to you all!

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 01/02/11 04:20PM by barry herbert.

Re: ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2011
Posted by: (81.168.70.---)
Date: January 2, 2011 06:44AM

Hi Barry, Hi All,

The rules of the constitution require that the AGM be held in March.

Happy new year to you all.

Best wishes
Greg

Attachments: SCCGB Constitution.Draft 4.16-Feb-2010.pdf (22kB)  
Posted by: barry herbert (83.100.254.---)
Date: January 2, 2011 03:17PM

Greg,

The Committee instructed me to place details of the AGM on this forum. This I have done bearing in mind that Basil Craske (club Chairman) is still away in Florida and has no access to a computer.

The only available and suitable date at the transport Museum in Coventry is the 12th February, 2011.. They were fully booked up for all other suitable dates in March and late February. Last years AGM was held on the 27th February, 2010. The committee were making a common sense decision in agreeing the 2011 date. They had also to consider a date in which Basil , Marilyn, the club’s new webmaster/moderator and I the new magazine editor could also be present. Also, a fact which you are well aware is that Basil, Marilyn and I are away in Australia during most of March and April representing the club to our Australian members and friends and therefore an AGM in this period is a none starter.

The constitution, as written, is a DRAFT document which the members, present at the AGM, agreed to trial run for the following year. They gave the committee jurisdiction over it and are expecting the committee to come forward with suggestions to improve/alter it. Obviously, the committee will put to the members that the month of “March” stated in the DRAFT constitution is not a practical option. More flexibility will need to be given saying, for instance, that the AGM be held within 2-6 months after the club’s year end. Chris Busk (Treasurer) is going to recommend that the 31st January year end, stated in the DRAFT constitution, be changed to 31st December. The accounts to be presented at the AGM will be up to the 31st December, the same as last year.

Whilst I am writing this I have been asked to explain why two more committee members are needed at the forthcoming AGM. The situation is that the committee did comprise of 6 people You, Greg, resigned from the committee during the year, bringing that number down to 5. Following the loss of Jeff in October this reduced the figure to 4. Bill Rich has said he will retire at the AGM and does not want to be re-appointed. That leaves the future committee as 3 people, being Basil Craske, Chris Busk and Arthur Thompson. Per the DRAFT constitution it is in order for a committee of 3 to run the club, IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, whilst awaiting volunteers to fill the two vacant posts. It is this committee of 3, who have worked on the new website and the new forum. I have volunteered to edit the Magazine and this will be published during January, as usual. Marilyn Oliver has volunteered to run and moderate the Website, a job that she will not be O.K. with till late January.

I am sure all members will appreciate that the death of Jeff caused the club a great loss and that the reduced committee has done a wonderful job in keeping the club going and to the standard achieved.

I am also sure that members will agree that the committee has made a correct and common sense judgement, in the circumstances, of arranging the AGM for the 12th February, 2011, even thought it is at slight odds with the DRAFT unpractical constitution.

Posted by: (---.range86-142.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 2, 2011 03:19PM

Can I suggest that ratification of the 'draft' constitution be added to the agenda (whenever the AGM is held!)?

Posted by: (---.range86-142.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 2, 2011 05:40PM

Ooops! - just noticed that it is already on the agenda!

Sorry!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC