Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Caister Castle Stanley(s)?
Posted by: (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: January 27, 2011 08:33PM

Has anyone been to see the collection at Caister Castle? On their home page, [www.caistercastle.co.uk] , there's a minuscule picture of a Stanley (attached).

Attachments: CaisterCastle_blue.jpg (4kB)   0_1910_Amsley_delivery.jpg (63kB)  
Re: Caister Castle Stanley(s)?
Date: January 27, 2011 08:39PM

Sorry, that message left before I was finished. I have a suspicion that this is the delivery wagon built by Carl Amsley in the early '60s, although repainted a rather startling blue. A photo of the original is attached to the previous post.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this is the car at the Castle? Also, I ran into another scrap of information about 2 Stanleys being built at the Castle, some years back. Does anyone know if they were ever finished?

Thanks...

Kelly Williams
[www.StanleyRegister.net]

Posted by: Old timer (86.112.45.---)
Date: January 28, 2011 01:41AM

Hi Kelly,
From what I can see I think that car is a 62 Roadster/two-seat and dickey seat. I could be wrong but could this car have been one made by the museum.Just if the picture was bigger. Old Timer.

Posted by: beuvens (---.118-245-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: January 28, 2011 05:00AM

Hello.
The Stanley delivery van, wich is still green, is here in Belgium and belongs to the Mahy Collection (nearly 1000 cars, among them a Toledo and a 1924 Stanley). It resides in the reserves at the MahyMobiles Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut.
Michel Beuvens

Date: February 1, 2011 05:24PM

Thank you, Michel. It's great to know where this car has landed - it's one of my favorites. There's a wonderful story at [blog.hemmings.com] about it when it was still owned by its builder, Carl Amsley.

And thanks, Old timer. I've updated the Stanley Register and look forward to your forthcoming work so I can keep it accurate and current.

Kelly

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC