Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Forum HINTS and TIPS
Posted by: alpinemauve (Moderator)
Date: March 7, 2011 06:32AM

NEW MEMBERS

The Steam Car Club of Great Britain welcomes all those to the forum with an interest in steam, vintage vehicles or simply nostalgia. Whether you are a new or prospective owner of a vehicle and require advice - or a seasoned enthusiast; you'll find the forum easy to use, full of fascinating facts posted by similar-minded people.

Viewing the forum is free and accessible to anyone who visits the site, --------------HOWEVER-----, like many other website club forums, we have suffered from increased spam and damaging posts in the past which has meant that posting on the forum is restricted to paid up members of the 'Steam Car Club of Great Britian'

Membership forms are available on the site to download and apply. Membership includes forum posting access, four issues of the clubs magazine and free advertising in the magazine and on the website sales and wants pages, for cars and related items of interest to other members.

Edited by Harold Bell Chairman June 2018

Edited 5 times. Last edit at 06/27/18 01:02PM by SUPER7591.

Re: Forum HINTS and TIPS
Date: May 31, 2011 10:18AM

ADDING LINKS from the Forum

To add a link from this forum the following bit of googledegook code helps with a text link and by showing a new page with the new link on it.

1. I want to add a link:
Copy and paste this code:

A Really Good Website

a href="http://www.steamcar.net" target="_blank">A Really Good Website</a
The code just need a < at the start and > at the end - I've had to show it like this otherwise the code will not show - but only the words 'A Really Good Website'

or 2. perhaps a Youtube Video you have posted:
You would use this code:
My Great Video

Heres the code displaying
a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LarZcKQCNds" target="_blank">My Great Video</a
The code just need a < at the start and > at the end

Edited 3 times. Last edit at 05/31/11 10:33AM by alpinemauve.

Date: November 9, 2015 09:15AM

A common question is how to include an image into your post - by clicking on the 'attach' button below you can add an image to your post however, any viewer would need to click on the link that is generated in your new post to view the image.

If you have your image stored online via another site you can display the image with the post by using this code:

Stanley for sale

This displays the following image:
Stanley for sale

The photo is 'stored' on the SCCGB site, as indicated by the the address in the 'img src (image source) section of the code - the alt part="Tells Google what the picture is so other people can find it" and the width is set to 100% so it fits the forum well however if your image is small you can add the actual pixel size of you image (100px) or knock down the percentage size the image will display at. (50%)

From Don Hokes site here's an example:
[www.virtualsteamcarmuseum.org]

So to introduce the image to the Steam Car Forum here's the code:
Stanley for sale

Will display this image:
Stanley for sale

Finally the 'actual code' is a picture too - because if I add it in instead of showing the code (to show an example of the code) it will simply display the image.
The version below you can copy and paste but in order for it to work you would need to add the < at the front and > at the end.
img src="http://www.steamcar.net/photoinforum2.jpg" alt="Stanley for sale" width="100%"/

SCCGB Website Designer

Posted by: (---.range86-130.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 2, 2016 05:47AM

New member test post

Posted by: (---.range109-153.btcentralplus.com)
Date: October 5, 2016 03:35AM

New Member test post

Posted by: Steamcarbob (---.range86-140.btcentralplus.com)
Date: October 22, 2018 10:06AM

For those working on White steam cars, I am and have for some time been giving hints on setting them up White steam car systems on the "Whistling Billy" section of this forum. The section is not just on the racing car but there hopefully to help others. Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC