Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Australian Tour Website Page Launched
Posted by: alpinemauve (Moderator)
Date: April 1, 2011 05:02AM

To coincide with the Steam Car Clubs tour of Australia a special antipodean home page has been produced. If your computer still sees the older version then 'refresh' to see the new.

The site has a couple of innovations to continue to take the club forward. Firstly, via 'live' updates from club members in Australia you can follow the tour.
Four members are posting information and news as they take part in the trip and when the tour starts there will be photographs and video from the same day.

Secondly, now you have a taster of the tour itself, why not travel on one yourself in the comfort of your own home with our interactive online game? Produced especially for the tour, you can choose one of three cars to take to the road and navigate around our special themed course - who knows what you will see enroute?

You will need Flash Player in order to take part, which can be downloaded via the link. We'll post a second mention in the forum too for best lap times and best overall times just for fun.

Re: Australian Tour Website Page Launched
Posted by: (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 3, 2011 07:38PM

WHat is the website address?

Posted by: barry herbert (Moderator)
Date: April 4, 2011 04:27AM

Danni,

Go to the Home Page of the website you are on. Down the left hand side, below half way, is the link for the Twitter site.

Also on the homepage , near the top, is the link for the race game.

You do not have to go to a seperate website.

Barry

Posted by: (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 4, 2011 06:30PM

Thanks Barry - but I am not a Twitterer. I guess I won't be following the tour.

Posted by: (---.grapevine.transact.net.au)
Date: April 6, 2011 08:51AM

Thanks for the reminder - yes I'll be following it on Twitter - and hope to get down to the tour at least over the weekend - and see if I can get some photos :-)

Cheers
Jerry
Canberra, Australia

Posted by: (---.grapevine.transact.net.au)
Date: April 12, 2011 12:35PM

Hi all,
Yes I took a short run down to Dungog from Canberra - about 550kms - to check out the cars. Great to see the two Dobles - magnificent cars, and I managed rides in both the 20HP Model K and the 30HP Model R - the latter owned by Basil Craske. Indeed the highlight for my couple of days with the group was getting to drive Basil's Model R - what an experience!

I also met up with several Australian members - with whom I'll be keeping in touch on my return from the UK - yes I'm heading over soon to check out the museums and galleries, and hopefully find some cars to write about for the magazine too.

The Maitland Antique Steam and Agricultural Machinery Rally was one of the biggest I've seen and the steam cars attracted loads of attention.

I bade farewell as the cars steamed off towards Gloucester and returned safely to Canberra in time to get ready to depart for Northern climes.

I've attached a photo taken just as I parked the Model R - yes that will live with me for a long while - and has further whetted my appetite for a car project :-)

I'll be posting some video footage on YouTube soon, and will have some photos on my Flickr site too - but they will have to wait for a week or so.

Cheers
Jerry

Attachments: _MG_5726.jpg (132kB)  

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC