Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
London to Brighton 2011- dating of cars
Posted by: D & R Hounslow (92.19.243.---)
Date: April 21, 2011 12:41PM

My Oldsmobile 1904, has been dated by the science museum, which has allowed us to take part in the run for 18 years, but now the VCC are only excepting their dated vehicles. I don't think I shall do it with just my Mobile, which is VCC dated. Has anyone else had problems like this in entering the LBVCR this year? Shall we have a red flag protest run at the same time? Richard Hounslow. smiling smiley

Re: London to Brighton 2011- dating of cars
Posted by: (92.20.192.---)
Date: April 22, 2011 04:08PM

Sounds like you need to take this up with the organisers of the Brighton Run; I though the VCC (actually their arms length Company Veteran Car Services Ltd) just provided a dating service for the run but had nothing to do with the run itself.

Posted by: (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 22, 2011 05:27PM

Why not have it VCC dated?

Posted by: Old timer (86.112.62.---)
Date: April 23, 2011 02:24AM

Hi, the organisers have no say in the dating of cars/ who is accepted but the VCC do because it is their tradition, the organisers are fed up with this method and want it to go back to normal, as they only have 1/2 the entries they normally have recieved by now. We do not want to get the car VCC Dated because first you have to pay £105 for the passport which is valid for 2 runs and then you have to pay £500 to get the car properly dated. George Hounslow .

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/23/11 02:33AM by Old timer.

Posted by: (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 23, 2011 07:06AM

George

That is not quite correct.

The cost of the passport is credited if you apply for full dating.

Last year had a record number of entries, and within 10 days of opening entries this year they were halfway to their 550 quota.

I too wnt to have 2 cars dated - but our challenge is the inspection, a we are in the US. They do not accept an inspection by anyone else - even acknowledged experts in those marques.

Danni

Posted by: Old timer (86.112.62.---)
Date: April 23, 2011 11:54AM

Hi Danni,
thanks for that we might have to have a re-think! George.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC