Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
locomobile 1900 perfomance
Posted by: John Hampton (---.speedy.com.ar)
Date: December 5, 2011 02:06PM

Hello, Does anyone know where to obtain information on LOCOMOBILE 1900 performance data, such as maximum speed, cruising speed, aceleration, etc
Any help or information kindly appreciated.
John

Re: locomobile 1900 perfomance
Posted by: (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: December 7, 2011 04:14PM

The Stanley museum has a book about the locomobile. Here some answers for your questions. The books says that the max speed is 40 mph. Then goes on to say that that speed is considered high speed and says a speed of under 20 is best. Nothing about acceleration. I think that was something that was not considered. The boiler was safety at 240 psi and running pressure was as low as 140 psi. They also show all the models that were made with water and fuel capacities. Length and width of all the models. What it looks like is if they made any model a little longer or wider it became a different model for ex: a style 2 had a spec. if it was changed by length or width of only 2" then it became style 02. this occurred with all the models.

Posted by: (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: December 7, 2011 04:15PM

Take a look at my locomobile/likamobile

Attachments: IMG_131.jpg (240kB)  
Posted by: John Hampton (---.speedy.com.ar)
Date: December 21, 2011 12:07PM

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND HELP.

Posted by: (---.nmsi.ac.uk)
Date: December 22, 2011 05:48AM

I've had a look at the Science Museum records for our 1899 Stanley Locomobile, and a c.1900 Locomobile Power Plant. Not much about performanse - the 1899 is quoted as 180 psi working pressure and 15 mph cruising speed, with 10 mpg petrol consumption.

The Locombile power Plant label just mentions 150psi working pressure. This is a fascinating exhibit - a complete, original sectioned set of machinery which I am pretty sure is the remains of a car acquired in 1911.

Attachments: Locomobile 1912-265 and 1964-195 030.jpg (208kB)  

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC