Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Upton Rally July 1989
Posted by: Alun Griffiths (95.144.142.---)
Date: January 3, 2012 01:20PM

Back in 1989 Ray Clark, one of our founder members, and his brother Chris organised the first steam car meet at Upton on Severn. I've just been looking at the other club's website and they post a lot of photos of that rally. No complaint there. But they don't say that it was organised by the Steam Car Club nor that most of the cars shown belong to Steam Car Club members. They've even got a photo of one of my cars and Ray Clark's steam Daimler.
Someone new to the steam car world might think that the other lot organised it. Cheek! I did a write up of this rally in the next issue of The Steam Car in December 1989. I'll try to attach the relevant page. If anyone wants copies of those early issues of The Steam Car I can email them. You have my address.

Attachments: scnl3 p3.jpg (69kB)  
Re: Upton Rally July 1989
Date: January 3, 2012 01:50PM

Actually, it's not all bad. I was able to get a photo of my Stanley that I hadn't seen before. XYL Norma is in a couple too, as is Arthur our archivist and other members of the Steam Car Club. They have photos of the Upton and Chilterns events, organised by Ray and Chris Clark, the Alton Hampshire event organised by Mike Mutters and Jeff Theobald, and the Yorkshire Dales tour, organised by Barry and Sandra. I might have a word with the photographer.

Re: Upton Rally July 1989
Date: January 4, 2012 05:58AM

Quite a swift reaction from the other club, some of the offending material appears to have been removed - but not before I recorded it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC