Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Gardner-Serpollet help
Posted by: Old timer (86.112.62.---)
Date: January 15, 2012 02:45PM

Hi all,
I recieved an e-mail from Gerard Close who owns a Serpollet type L 35HP. His translated (thanks to Colin Ansell) e-mail is below. George Hounslow.

Hi all,

I am very pleased to wish a Happy New Year 2012 to all those near and far have focused on the steam cars.
In recent years, I work on an L-type Serpolet equipped with a "little horse" and I was in contact with the late Jeff Theobald, but this contact is unfortunately stopped. So I am looking for someone with expertise in this area.
I have some difficulties with this car, so I'd like to discuss with a person who uses this type of car. I saw on Youtube a little video with a car like this, but I have no address to contact this person.
I would be very grateful if you can get in touch with that person or another with this type of vehicle.

Thank you in advance and friendly greetings.

Gerard

Re: Gardner-Serpollet help
Posted by: Brian McMorran (---.as43234.net)
Date: January 16, 2012 05:58PM

Hello George

No expertise but I happen to own a circa 1905 233 page book titled 'Manuel Du Conducteur De Voitures Serpollet'. written for chaffeurs and describes differences between models and their operation, no drawings though.

The Petit-Cheval fitted between 1903-04 is also described as the MOORE steam pump of American origin.With the introduction of the self-starter, a Thirion Et Fils steam pump was used.

Fantastic book with lots of information but beyond my French.

If any part is of use to your friend I can scan and email if required.

Brian

Posted by: Old timer (86.112.62.---)
Date: January 17, 2012 01:48AM

Hi Brian,
Please could you scan the related info, I'm sure it will help him in one way or another. Thanks. George.

Posted by: Brian McMorran (---.as43234.net)
Date: January 17, 2012 03:40PM

Hi George

Check your email, I have forwarded the first useful chapter, Les Pompes A Vapeur.

Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC