Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Stanley 735B
Posted by: Old timer (86.112.62.---)
Date: February 10, 2012 05:17PM

Hi all,
Recieved this from Cheffins, could you help them with info on this car. George.Dear All,

I apologise for emailing all of you but technology makes a blanket approach rather easy.

Cheffins Auctioneers in Cambridge have recently discovered a Stanley 735B steam car in the heart of the Industrial Black Country.

This car will come to auction with us on the 28th April, in an effort to get everything correct for the catalogue I wondered if you are able to provide me with some information or to point out my ignorance?

The car identity would appear to be chassis 19376 (this gleaned from ancient documentation rather than direct from the vehicle), purchased as a chassis and a subsequently purchased correct body, the Ashton Valve Company gauge No. is 382726. As far as I can ascertain this would make both halves of 1919 date. Is it possible that this is a car registered with you? Unfortunately the owner died several years ago and the family only have anecdotal knowledge of the car. Clearly it was mid restoration and a new boiler and fittings are in place, other parts are hiding and I hope to dig them out along with some more paperwork.

At the moment I only have in-situ images which are OK but not pretty, if it is helpful I can happily supply these. I would be grateful for your learned response

With Kind Regards

Jeremy Curzon MNAVA
Cheffins Auctioneers
Clifton House, 1 & 2 Clifton Road, Cambridge, CB1 7EA
Tel: 01223 271971 Fax: 01223 271960

Attachments: rsz_063.jpg (95kB)  
Re: Stanley 735B
Posted by: (---.wavecable.com)
Date: February 11, 2012 08:43AM

On the Stanleyregister.net, Kelly Williams has this bit of information: Sprague Register 1991...Car originally from the West Coast (USA). Reg. to Tom Wade, Wilmington, CA in 1929. Unrestored, but mechanically intact. Most of the body is missing.

Posted by: (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 11, 2012 11:34AM

The 1978 Sprague Register does not mention 19376. The 1991 Register says it was purchased in October 1990 by Edward Robin C. Downing in Wales.

Kelly

Posted by: Old timer (86.112.62.---)
Date: February 11, 2012 03:14PM

Thanks very mcuh for the info. George.

Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range86-131.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 5, 2012 04:46PM

You may be interested to know at the recent auction this Stanley made a bid price of £32,000

Don

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC