Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Hosepipe ban - steam car water tanks are exempt
Posted by: Alun Griffiths (95.144.139.---)
Date: April 18, 2012 04:52PM

Following discussions with Mike Mutters and Basil Craske water board officials have advised the Steam Car Club of GB - and confirmed in writing - that steam car owners may continue to use a hosepipe to fill steam car tanks because using a hosepipe to fill a steamcar was not written in as a breach of usage in the original legislation that is used to enforce hosepipe bans.
Steam car users must continue to be careful not to waste water, and other restrictions remain in force, e.g. a hosepipe cannot be used for washing a steam car.

Re: Hosepipe ban - steam car water tanks are exempt
Posted by: (---.wavecable.com)
Date: April 25, 2012 01:15AM

Is a hosepipe a public owned hydrant? Living in the USA, hosepipe is a foreign term to me.

Posted by: (Moderator)
Date: April 26, 2012 03:26PM

Also known as a 'garden hose';

[en.wikipedia.org]

what do you call them in the USA?

I understand that you even have a special thread for yours - GHT (Garden Hose Thread)! We still make do with good old BSP (3/4")

Maybe we are not 'two nations divided by a common language' but 'two nations divided by dissimilar garden hose threads?

I must remember not to bother to bring my own garden hose when I come and tour in the USA!

Colin

Posted by: Rolly (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 26, 2012 05:46PM

Yes there available at most building supplies and plumbing supplies.
Garden hose thread adaptor 1.050 11-1/2 TPI straight thread.
all kinds.

The building code requires every home to have two on the out side of each house.
Most commercial building have an outlet on the outside street side. The shut off is a special key type wrench. Good thing to carry in the tool box.

Rolly

[www.mcmaster.com]

[www.mcmaster.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC