Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
HELP! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THIS 1906 MODEL H IS?
Posted by: (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 27, 2012 11:14PM

PLEASE HELP! I have been looking for this car for many years to help me know how to restore the rear deck lid and tanks on my very early 1906 Model H. This car and mine are to the best of my knowledge the only early flat dash model Hs in existence. This car I am looking for was restoring in America in the late 1950s my a man named Damge and sold to someone in Europe at one point. It was apparently recently sold by a broker in France but I have not been able to find the name or contact info for the new owner to obtain more detailed photos and info on the layout of the car. ANY LEADS OR INFO ON WHERE THIS CAR IS OR THE CURRENT OWNER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, THANKS! Curt Brohard

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/27/12 11:35PM by CurtBrohard.

Attachments: PHOTO14.JPG (249kB)  
Re: HELP! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THIS 1906 MODEL H IS?
Posted by: Rolly (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 28, 2012 07:29AM

Based on the original photos of the model H in Kit Fosters book the only thing that looks anywhere near original in this photo are the seats.
Rolly

I should have mentioned even the seats are not the model H but more like the H5
The H seats were not low on the section between the seats but the same height.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/28/12 09:47AM by Rolly.

Posted by: Mike L Clark (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: April 28, 2012 03:53PM

Glad you said that Rolly.

I saw the advert and more pictures of this car a couple of years ago. I decided that there was not much original about it - I discussed it with our sadly missed chum Jeff Theobald and he took the same view. I don't think you will find much to help you Curt, even if you find the car.

Mike

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/28/12 03:55PM by Mike L Clark.

Posted by: (---.cpe.metrocast.net)
Date: April 28, 2012 03:57PM

CURT:

Good to see you on The Forum!!

Date: April 28, 2012 05:06PM

Yes I know the car is totally incorrect from the seats forward, wrong (F) hood, wrong gauge layout, etc., etc.
What I need to know is-are the tanks transverse as in the later Hs or longitudinal as in the model G? Also there is a deck lid door on this car- are the tank filling caps inside? I suspect that the tanks on this car are longitudinal and both filler caps are inside the rear door but I'd like to confirm before we finish the tanks and body of our car. Curt

Posted by: Brian McMorran (---.as43234.net)
Date: April 28, 2012 05:20PM

Curt
More photos of this car can be found at [www.collectioncar.com]
Suggest contacting the vendor www.patriceroyetconsulting.com

Brian

Date: April 28, 2012 09:27PM

Thanks Brian,
I have been in contact with Patrice Royet and he sent me some pictures but has refused to give me the contact info of the person he supposedly sold the car to. I am hoping someone in the club knows who the current owner is or can give me a lead or at least has examined the car in regards to the rear deck and tank layout.
One interesting point- Alan Blazic's orginal 1905 Model G serial number 1511 has longitudinal tanks and this car is serial number 1531-only 20 cars apart in production! That is why I am interested in the tank and filler layout of this car, I doubt that Damge changed them.
Thanks again, Curt

Date: April 29, 2012 04:34AM

Allen’s 1905 G is most original and likely closer to being correct for the back of the H but its still a different car. The car you’re chasing is a built up car and somebody pipe dream of a Stanley. Nothing on the car is correct, why would you assume the rear tank or details are anything closer.
Attached. I’d call Allen.
Rolly

Attachments: 1905 Stanley-G.jpg (94kB)  
Date: April 29, 2012 12:57PM

Thanks Rolly
I live near Allen, talk to him often and have been to New Hampshire with him to examine his G in person. As I said I am very aware of this car's shortcomings but we are still interested in seeing how the rear is configured if for nothing else than a point of discussion and comparison. Curt

Date: April 29, 2012 03:13PM

Curt
What are you going to use for wheels and tires.
Rolly

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC