Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Paint - Brewster Green now available
Posted by: Ian Vinton (---.range217-42.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 5, 2006 05:02PM

On the 735 D I purchased on E bay recently we have found, surpirisingly, a substantial amount of green top coat (which we assume is the original Brewster Green) on the inside of the brake drum. It is not only on the flat face of the brake drum but is also where the brake bands act, which shows that the vehicle did not do many miles, at least stopping miles with the parking brake.
We have had the paint matched by T R Williams of Ripon, North Yorkshire who now have it on file as Brewster Green.

If there are anymore original samples out there then the paint colour can be tweaked accordingly. In my experience from traction engines they were never the same colour but a slight variation depending on the painters/ mixers eye.

Anyone else matched an original sample that should be known about ?

Re: Paint - Brewster Green now available
Posted by: (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 5, 2006 05:44PM

Anyone know if a similar match is available for the 'Russian Body Blue'also used by Stanleys? My 607 has odd patches of the paint and striping under the later brown, but nothing large enought for a really good match

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC