Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
MOT's
Posted by: steve baldock (Moderator)
Date: May 22, 2012 03:58AM

Hi All

I've just come across this on another steam forum. I haven't seen any mention of it here. Thought you might be interested in it.

[uk.cars.yahoo.com]

Regards

Steve

Edited 5 times. Last edit at 05/22/12 06:05AM by steve baldock.

Re: MOT's
Posted by: barry herbert (Moderator)
Date: May 31, 2012 10:53AM

The Roads Minister said the following in his report:-

"From November 18 this year, owners of vehicles manufactured before 1960 will not have to have to take them in for an MoT, Roads Minister Mike Penning said."

However, not is all as it seems.

I have today talked to my insurance company about this.

Their response was that everyone will have to have a FULL YEARS MOT taken after the 18th November before the vehicle ceases to be liable to MOT's.

For example if the current MOT runs out on the 1st November 2012 then a new MOT will have to be taken plus a further one on the 1st November, 2013 (the first full year). One will not be required on the 1st November, 2014.

However, if the current MOT runs out on the 30th November 2012 a new one will be needed on the 30th November,2012 (a full year) but one will not be required on the 30th November, 2013.

How to complicate something that seems straightforward. I bet that thousands of owners will not see it that way following the Road Ministers bad wording and

They also said that the insurance industry was still in discussions with the Ministry over the scheme, so all is not sorted out yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC