Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
FOUNDER CHAIRMAN PASSES AWAY
Posted by: barry herbert (Moderator)
Date: May 24, 2012 04:21AM

I have the sad duty to report that the Club's Founder Chairman Tony Vince has passed away. His daughter, Rebecca, is going to send me details of funeral arrangements, etc when available.

Tony was one of the group of founder members who met at the Great Dorset Steam Fair many years ago. The group comprised of the late Philip Hopes, Ray Clark, myself, the late Jeff Theobald, Mike Mutters,and John Goold. From this gathering the Steam Car Club of Great Britain (proper) was formed.

Both Tony Vince and Philip Hopes became the two key people who carried out the administrative functions of the club spending many hours arranging meetings, printing a newsletter, arranging get togethers, acting as Treasurer, etc. Tony became the "Founder Chairman" during these early years.

I have lots of happy memories of my time knowing Tony as, no doubt, other members have. He will always be remembered for the fun times we all had together and for the work he carried out on the club's behalf.

Re: FOUNDER CHAIRMAN PASSES AWAY
Posted by: (Moderator)
Date: June 3, 2012 06:27PM

I have just returned to England so am only now able to post.

Tony Vince was responsible with a few others in founding what has now turned into the largest Steam Car Club in the world.

His vision and guidance through these past two decades has been invaluable.

He was always there at the end of a phone willing to assist with what ever problems the club had. His heart was always in the club.

Thanks Tony we all owe you a lot, you will be missed.

I would also like to send my condolances to his family.

He was a man to be proud of.

Basil

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC