Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Driffield 2012
Posted by: Ian Vinton (---.range86-146.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 14, 2012 05:19PM

I must say what an fantastic weekend the Driffield steam rally makes with their steam car tours.

We took one along, that is still under restoration (rather than just not working) and the crowd showed a lot of interest. We had it parked next to Richard Marriots, which is only one year older, Ours, a 735, and his a 740, you could see the design changes that Stanleys made.

The steam car tour was great ! And my wife is now hooked on steam cars, she is amazed what a great reception they receive. What is more important (to me), she loves how kind, straight forward and down to earth everyone is, there is no secret group, snobbery or whispering. She felt more than welcomed into the group, she felt she could chat and was at ease with everyone.

So Thanks everyone at Driffield for making us both welcome, we will see you at the tour.

Regards
Ian Vinton
PS: One day I will have a steam car working !
I think that will be on my tomb stone !

Re: Driffield 2012
Posted by: (Moderator)
Date: August 27, 2012 03:09PM

Vicki and I would like to thank Harold Bell and his committee for once again inviting our club to their event. Thank you Harold for organising the Saturday and Sunday morning runs which were fun to do.

Basil

Re: Driffield 2012
Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range86-138.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 8, 2012 04:11PM

Lesley and I enjoyed Driffield again. I don’t know of any other rally that lets some of its exhibits escape every morning for a mini tour!

Don & Lesley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC