Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Teesdale Tour
Posted by: Ian Vinton (---.range86-177.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 24, 2012 05:51PM

I was only able to attend the fire up dinner and the first day.

It was great and the first tour for my Lovely wife, Sarah.

Now we (she) are hooked and will be coming with a car for next year, hope its our 740.

I need to get someone else to run the start of my local show, which starts the day the tour ends, but I am working on that.

So Thanks Don for a great tour Don and Family.

Regards
Ian & Sarah Vinton
P.S. Watch the web site for an end of the year, mini tour around Harrogate.

Re: Teesdale Tour
Posted by: Old timer (86.112.62.---)
Date: August 26, 2012 06:17AM

Don, Lesley and Andrew, many thanks for providing a week of great events and company. lovely to drive on roads with light traffic and those we met happy to be held up by old cars.The week just flew by. Peter Hounslow

Posted by: (Moderator)
Date: August 27, 2012 05:39AM

A huge thank you to Don and Lesley for a wonderful tour. This is the first time we have visited this area, and will definitely make a return trip for a more thorough exploration! The scenery is stunning, food was excellent wherever we ate and hospitality outstanding. Also, according to our photographs we had a lot of sunshine! Can't wait to see Beamish again ...

Very best wishes, John and Marilyn Oliver.

Posted by: (Moderator)
Date: August 27, 2012 03:06PM

WOW! What a fantastic tour, with an excellent set of tour notes taking us to some great places. Beamish was a special place and we would love to go back again to drive round it with our cars.

We would like to thank Don, Lesley and Andrew for all their hard work in making the week such a success.

Basil and Vicki

Posted by: SUPER7591 (---.range86-133.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 27, 2012 04:09PM

Whilst this was only our second tour since owning a steam car, Jonathan, Cameron and myself were made very welcome and it was a pleasure to be with good company. The tour was certainly a test on man and machine through some wonderful countryside. Thanks you Don, Lesley and Andrew for a well planned tour. Beamish was tremendous

Harold, Jonathan and grandson Cameron

Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 28, 2012 04:39AM

A big thank you to Lesley, Don and Andrew for organising such a brilliant tour. Great routes ending up at great places. We especially enjoyed Beamish and Raby Castle.

A lovely part of the country - we cannot wait to go back!

Also, special thanks to Basil for letting us drive his wonderful 'Model 70' for the week.

James, Christine, Lewis, Ollie and Liam x

Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range86-138.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 8, 2012 04:13PM

Lesley, Andrew and I would like to thank every one for their kind words in the emails, cards and posts on this forum; it’s very rewarding when everyone enjoys themselves.

We thoroughly enjoyed the tour ourselves, and we enjoyed putting it all together too. It was great to have everyone here.

IT’S NOT THE CARS, BUT THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THIS CLUB.

Don & Lesley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC