Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Locosurrey
Posted by: (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: June 17, 2006 01:09AM

I have just aquired a 1901 locosurrey (eng no 3507) which is in pieces.
I need assistance with completing the restoration. As I wish to make it as authenic as possible, I am hoping to find another Locosurrey which will be able to help me locate the various bits and pieces.
I appear to either have most of the important bits, or at least engineering drawings which will enable me to make them (eg steam automatic, hand pump, throttle, etc) but as to the exact locations???? Also as most (all) of the pics available on the net are of 2 seaters, much of the linkage arrangement of the locosurrey remains a mystery. also what goes under the front seat?
I have a type 2 water pump that is missing the plunger and pivot arrangement, close up photos or detailed drawings would assist enormously.
The availability and indeed close up sized photos of gauges, in fact close up scaled photos of anything will assist greatly.

My intention is when complete, to bring it over and participate in a London to Brighton eventually, as well as rallying the car around Australia.

meanwhile, happy steaming!

Dave Hume
fremantle WA.

Re: Locosurrey
Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: June 18, 2006 07:30PM

Hi Dave,

Not the same year but might provide some useful info, chack out this link....Jeff.

www.trombinoscar.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC