Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Making a burner nozzle picker
Posted by: (---.as43234.net)
Date: September 20, 2012 03:31AM

Hello all, now I have Stanley 7644 back & in working order, I need to make a burner nozzle picker as they are out of stock at the moment - any suggestions re what to use for the pricker spike - big sewing needles don't seem robust enough!

Thanks

Peter

Re: Making a burner nozzle picker
Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range86-165.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 20, 2012 05:36AM

I use MIG welding wire, 0.8mm in my case. If you don’t have a MIG welder of your own I am sure anybody with one will give you a short length.

Don

Posted by: (---.wavecable.com)
Date: September 20, 2012 10:34PM

I use drll bits of the exact same size as the burner nozzle's hole. That way you know for sure that the hole size is not starting to grow closed with carbon.

Date: September 21, 2012 04:28AM

Thanks for your advice everyone, that's one more thinkg crossed off the list. If the weather is fine tomorrow I will take the car for a 12 mile round trip to get some more driving experience!

Posted by: (---.cpe.metrocast.net)
Date: September 24, 2012 09:58AM

PETER: Why don't you use a "non-clog" nozzle. I have not needed a "picker" in years!!

Posted by: Alun Griffiths (95.144.141.---)
Date: September 25, 2012 07:27AM

I use a large safety pin. Just straighten it out, bend the pointed end into a square U shape. The other end of the safety pin makes a perfect grip. It's a "proper job".

Date: September 25, 2012 02:33PM

Ah, the benefits of experience! William of Ockham would have approved.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC